Distributor

Problem connecting Pixhawk and Futaba receiver

Hi

Two of my customers have trouble setting up the Pixhawk - I myself have a Pixhawk, but don't use a Futaba receiver, thereby I can't replicate the problem (I would like to find out if the problem is connected to the receiver they use, or something else).

Both use a Futaba R7008SB receiver.
Both managed to upload the Firmware to their Pixhawks - but they are not able to do the radio calibration (the Pixhawk doesn't "see" the receivers, the bars in the calibration are all grey).

They have nothing else connected to the Pixhawk, except receiver (connected to the right port / RC), buzzer, safety switch and USB cable.

The Pixhawk signals via the big LED "pre-arm check failed" (which makes sense ;)

They power the Pixhawk via USB and at the same time with a LiPo (via the Power Module).

The receiver is "found" by the remote, the LEDs are on, the setting of receiver and remote (regarding the use of the SBUS) seems to be right. They use the right port of the receiver to connect to the Pixhawk.

I am happy about any suggestions ...

Thanks a lot in advance

Felix

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Built the Pixhawk firmware - for the first time - using the above sbus.c. Long compile! Anyways, I was able to get my Futaba 14sg + R700SB working with the Pixhawk. I changed the receiver into mod B. Connecting into either the sbus or the sbus2 slot, on the receiver, works (connecting to RC IN on the Pixhawk).

I'm nervous about having compiled this myself. I'd rather have an official firmware release. Hopefully we get an official release soon.

One observation: When in radio calibration setup I get sluggish stick response when not calibrating. When calibrating stick response is smooth and fast. Is this normal?

Anyways, nice to get the futaba finally working!

• Developer

Yes, this patch by Lorenz i think is in the next official release.
        Team is working also on the >8 channel support on sbus.

• The latest firmware in "DIY Drones Firmware builds" works fine with Futaba R3008SB for R/C calibration.  http://firmware.diydrones.com/Copter/latest/

>commit 6bf2b5033ee070b1b4e0495d3290e1e3b6eeeb61
          >Author: Andrew Tridgell <tridge@samba.org>
          >Date: Tue Mar 25 16:39:19 2014 +1100

>DataFlash: support logging up to 14 RC input channels

>APMVERSION: ArduCopter V3.2-dev

The R3008SB is bundled S-Bus2 receiver with Futaba T10J transmitter.

• I just loaded v3.2 rc7 Quad and unable to get my R3008SB to show up in R/C calibration.  Are you still able to verify that S-Bus or S-Bus2 works with the R3008SB?

•   i got the same problem,i got a Fut T8FG with R6208SB rx but still no luck..i try my tx and rx to a flybarless 450 align heli and its working but when i hooked it up to my pixhawk the bars for calibration is also grey color..can someone pls. upload a link that would help us resolved this problem.

• Finally Working!

• Developer

I can confirm now, Futaba R7008SB doesn't work with Pixhawk and APM Plane V2.78b.

• So this is working but very strange.

When I update stable firmware in Qcontrol start tone is little different. But in Qcontrol R7008SB working in SBUS mode.

But still not working in Mission Planner.

This reply was deleted.

Activity