Distributor

Problem connecting Pixhawk and Futaba receiver

Hi

Two of my customers have trouble setting up the Pixhawk - I myself have a Pixhawk, but don't use a Futaba receiver, thereby I can't replicate the problem (I would like to find out if the problem is connected to the receiver they use, or something else).

Both use a Futaba R7008SB receiver.
Both managed to upload the Firmware to their Pixhawks - but they are not able to do the radio calibration (the Pixhawk doesn't "see" the receivers, the bars in the calibration are all grey).

They have nothing else connected to the Pixhawk, except receiver (connected to the right port / RC), buzzer, safety switch and USB cable.

The Pixhawk signals via the big LED "pre-arm check failed" (which makes sense ;)

They power the Pixhawk via USB and at the same time with a LiPo (via the Power Module).

The receiver is "found" by the remote, the LEDs are on, the setting of receiver and remote (regarding the use of the SBUS) seems to be right. They use the right port of the receiver to connect to the Pixhawk.

I am happy about any suggestions ...

Thanks a lot in advance

Felix

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have my copter built and ready to link my receiver. I am going to try the R6208S Futaba receiver with T8FGS. I purchased the PPM encoder with my pixhawk and I cannot find a detailed diagram on how to connect all the wires. Dealing with so  many  wires here for the first time and Just want to make sure I have the set up correct. Does anyone have a detailed diagram or a clear picture to fully connect all the wires using the ppm encoder?

Thank you3701823828?profile=original

Hi Justin,

To connect the ppm encoder just plug the single plug side into the rc port on the pixhawk, the numbered plugs just connect to the corresponding numbers on your rx unit r6208s. All flight modes are achievable!
      I would move that gps unit though! All power wires create a magnetic field when under use, this affects the mag in the GPS unit and can cause large compass deflections! You can test by securing the hex and throttling up whilst looking at the HUD, if it moves more than 1-2 degrees you need to raise it away from the field. 5-6cms usually does the trick!
      Best of luck
      • I have stick response in mission planner on the RC calibration with SBus to RC Input on the Pixhawk with the R6208S. Does this mean my sbus is working and I do not have to use the ppm encoder ? the range when calibrating is 1094-1934. Any input on that?

I also was waiting on my GPS mast and finally recieved it. It was too Long to support the pixhawk WIres so it need to be trimmed. Im still upset that the wires are too short to allow for my Tarot hood to be put on and the mast moved out to one of the booms. Does anyone know where to get longer GPS/MAG wiring?

Yep, that seems to be working and you don't need the ppm encoder. The range is good, it's normally around 1100-1900. The mast should have come with extended cables for the gps/mag, it shouldn't be trimmed as the height is optimal for most set ups. You can buy from the 3dr store but good luck if you are outside the us, I was quoted seven times the price of the mast/cables just in shipping. You can make your own extensions of course, just need a soldering iron!
    • https://vimeo.com/105499643

with the ppm encoder are all flight modes achievable for a hex? Sorry I am new to this.  Also, does the S bus get used with the ppm also?

• I have tried Futaba 7008SB (mode b), v3.2 rc5 firmware with pixhawk via S.SBUS. It's working correctly.

• How many channels on pixhawk are you running?
      • I'm using 5 channels. But pixhawk detect whole channels of 7008SB

• 3701815576?profile=original3701815684?profile=original

Good Day Everybody,still a noob here..and still having problem with PixHawk,..can someone help me why my  Futaba 6208SB is connected to pixhawk but no servo output.when i go to a radio calibration it seems all bars are green and working properly.so it means that pixhawk recognize my RX.The problem and my concern is that why my servo at output port of pixhawk is not working?i try different port changing from one to the another but no success..BTW my rx sbus port is only recognized by pixhawk at RC port not the pixhawk sbus port..this is my 6 months old problem,any help pls :( :( :(

This reply was deleted.

Activity