Distributor

Problem connecting Pixhawk and Futaba receiver

Hi

Two of my customers have trouble setting up the Pixhawk - I myself have a Pixhawk, but don't use a Futaba receiver, thereby I can't replicate the problem (I would like to find out if the problem is connected to the receiver they use, or something else).

Both use a Futaba R7008SB receiver.
Both managed to upload the Firmware to their Pixhawks - but they are not able to do the radio calibration (the Pixhawk doesn't "see" the receivers, the bars in the calibration are all grey).

They have nothing else connected to the Pixhawk, except receiver (connected to the right port / RC), buzzer, safety switch and USB cable.

The Pixhawk signals via the big LED "pre-arm check failed" (which makes sense ;)

They power the Pixhawk via USB and at the same time with a LiPo (via the Power Module).

The receiver is "found" by the remote, the LEDs are on, the setting of receiver and remote (regarding the use of the SBUS) seems to be right. They use the right port of the receiver to connect to the Pixhawk.

I am happy about any suggestions ...

Thanks a lot in advance

Felix

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

Madhuraj, could you post a picture of your setup on the rail and confirm the range that you are getting in the rc calibration (normally 1100-1900). To eliminate issues I would normally direct connect the servo to your 7008sb first and confirm all is well. Next would be rc calibration ranges and confirm correct placement on the rail. You have already got the voltage on the rail confirmed by multimeter so that's taken care of. Lastly would be your rc tx, which one are you using?
  • When assigning Flight modes my three position Switch SE on my futaba radio is linked to flight modes 1,4, and 6. My other switches are not doing anything assuming they are already assinged to a port in my transmitter. How do I assign one of the other switches to operate the other 3 flight modes, 2,3, and 5. RC out puts are going to be tricky but Im not going to get into that yet. I assume the other switches on my transmitter I have could be assigned to the RC outputs once I have power to them?? Right now the other switches are assigned to Auxilary ports 9-14 on my transmitter but do not do anything in Mission planner.

Hi Justin,
      To configure flight modes and switches see this

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-six-modes/

This allows you to configure a six position selection.
      • Thank you Martin I really appreciate it, a big help!

No problems at all Justin, glad to be able to help. It looks like a very nice build, you have a good machine there- have fun!
          • Thank you! I put a lot of thought into it. Here she is with the GPS mast we were talking about before. 3702827974?profile=original

Brilliant, that mast looks good- nice separation. You have done a good job of twisting esc wires, that will save a lot of issues and is quite often overlooked. One thing I have learnt, the most important thing is vibration (or lack of!). I had it demonstrated to me how a machine can be totally unflyable then rock solid, just by adding vibration dampening! Easy to do, just use a few vibration balls on your fc plate if you have not already. Been out flying our new prototype today in a howling wind- that's when you really appreciate lack of vibration and nicely tuned pids!
              Oh and lastly, if you use 5.8 tx anywhere on the machine, keep it well away from the gps- it causes big issues. Best to mount well away and pointing down.
              Let me know how you go!
  • Hi Jerome,
    I have the same issue. Could you please elaborate how can I connect another supply to the output to resolve this issue. Will you be able to share a snapshot of your circuit?
    thank you in advance
    Madhuraj
    • 3702517819?profile=original

Hi Madurai,
      Most simple way to supply power to the servo rail is to use a bec from an esc or a separate bec supply module from any rc store. Just use a spare connection on your rail, red to pos and black to neg. I don't have any pictures but if you check out the setup guide at http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-powering-the-pixhawk/ (bottom of the page)
      Hope this helps
This reply was deleted.

Activity