Distributor

Problem connecting Pixhawk and Futaba receiver

Hi

Two of my customers have trouble setting up the Pixhawk - I myself have a Pixhawk, but don't use a Futaba receiver, thereby I can't replicate the problem (I would like to find out if the problem is connected to the receiver they use, or something else).

Both use a Futaba R7008SB receiver.
Both managed to upload the Firmware to their Pixhawks - but they are not able to do the radio calibration (the Pixhawk doesn't "see" the receivers, the bars in the calibration are all grey).

They have nothing else connected to the Pixhawk, except receiver (connected to the right port / RC), buzzer, safety switch and USB cable.

The Pixhawk signals via the big LED "pre-arm check failed" (which makes sense ;)

They power the Pixhawk via USB and at the same time with a LiPo (via the Power Module).

The receiver is "found" by the remote, the LEDs are on, the setting of receiver and remote (regarding the use of the SBUS) seems to be right. They use the right port of the receiver to connect to the Pixhawk.

I am happy about any suggestions ...

Thanks a lot in advance

Felix

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here are my thoughts. I am an owner of a futaba 14sg and a pixhawk. When i bought the futaba , i found out that it doesn't work with pixhawk so instead of the 7008 receiver , i use a frsky receiver (about 20$) and everything was solved. frsky receivers  compatible with futaba work very very well and people have told me that they have greater range than futaba ones. The only problem was that i m not using fasttest protocol of course. In case someone wants to use the futaba receiver , why not buy the pwm encoder - decoder , send pwms from receiver to encoder and export the pwms into ppm from it ? I think this is also a cheap and good solution.I have bought this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281220144657?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&amp... but haven't tried it yet. I m sure it will work fine though.

Sorry, forgot to ask-which frsky receiver do you use? Thanks.
      • FrSky Delta-8, Hitec, Futaba and FrSky compatible  but i suppose there may be more ob the market ,.,, even better. This price is in greece. I think u can find one alot cheaper

That's great, thanks Yiannis
            Hi yiannis, just tried the ppm encoder this morning.......works like a dream. I can't say yet what was the issue as I flashed the stable firmware too. I may if I get enough time try the beta and see if it continues to work. Still all good, my new VTOL Uav design can now take it's first flight with the pixhawk. I may even get sales started this year now!
      Hi yiannis, thanks for your message. My ppm encoder should be here in a week so I will be trying the same thing- I will let you know the results. Good to know about the frsky receiver, it's very reassuring that you have a solution and that there is a back up plan-thanks for the information.
  • Futaba 14SG   6 mode switch

Link -> Sub-Trim     5GEAR       -151

Link -> Reverse      3THR          REV

Link-> Failsave       3THR          F/S     OFF  -130%

Link->Endpoing      5GEAR        135   62  62 135

Model-> Progmaix  1 OFF:GEAR->GEAR

#1                       +0

OFF                    +0

GEAR               OFFS

GEAR       x          +0

LINEAR       y          -50

#1 ACT OFF                SA

LINK TRIM

MASTER       GEAR     OFF

SLAVE           GEAR     OFF

• Thank you

I am looking up the settings in the manual and I have a couple questions

Where can I find which channel is linked to which switch on the transmitter?

Does the number next to the text, e.g. 5GEAR mean that is linked to channel 5?  Which switch is linked to channel 5?  I found on page 13 the naming of each switch so I guess I want to know where is the link between switch and channel.  I don't know what to search for on Google and don't know what to look for in the manual

Link -> Sub-Trim     5GEAR       -151

This is to set the neutral position of the servo.  Why do we set GEAR to this number?

Link -> Reverse      3THR          REV

I understand why we need to reverse the thottle, because when the throttle is in the low position on the transmitter it is max on the Pixhawk

Link-> Failsave       3THR          F/S     OFF  -130%

Mine defaults to -100%.  I have to hold in RTN to change it and it only goes to -100%.  Seems this will cut the throttle when the radio signal is lost.  Will the Pixhawk handle this or will the copter just fall out of the sky?

Link->Endpoing      5GEAR        135   62  62 135

I don't understand this one.  So when you press the button that links to Gear the servo isn't going to move at all because its travel is from 65 to 65, but its limit points are 135% and 135%.

Model-> Progmaix  1 OFF:GEAR->GEAR

This has to do with mixing a channel with another channel.  Looking at the manual it seems when you use one switch or lever then another will also be used at the same time.  So combining two tasks in one

I was trying to enter it this morning.  I couldn't find GEAR on this one.  I think it is probably because I am in helicopter mode?  What would this setting do?  Mix gear with gear?

• Sorry I forgot main switch:    Link-> Function     5 GEAR  SE  -

Channel 5 use to control flight mode. The main switch is SE (or what do you want) and sub switch SA.

Because SE has only 3 positions need to add a subswitch to use 6 positions.

Failsafe: THR down and full trim down = -130% 

This mean radio connection lost and Pixhawk detect it and switch to RTL/LAND mode.

By default when radio connection lost  all channels hold last position. But this -130 means throtte switch down to Failsafe position, below 975. (975 set in Mission Planner Failsafe settings)

• I'm new and still planning/reading what I can in regards to my first quad build.  Since I was contemplating a Pixhawk/Futaba combination, I studied this forum discussion.  On one hand, it demonstrates there is more I need to learn(and to RTFM for minor details).  On the other hand, I was pleased to see the community collaborate over the course of 5 months and the persistence of Xian06 in the end.  It was also nice to see him sharing what he's learned.  It would be nice to see a start to finish build of an F450 Flamewheel (the ARF kit with Pixhawk) in detail.  The F330 build in the wiki is a bit dated now and assumes a fair amount of knowledge by the reader.  Thank you

This reply was deleted.

Activity