Distributor

Problem connecting Pixhawk and Futaba receiver

Hi

Two of my customers have trouble setting up the Pixhawk - I myself have a Pixhawk, but don't use a Futaba receiver, thereby I can't replicate the problem (I would like to find out if the problem is connected to the receiver they use, or something else).

Both use a Futaba R7008SB receiver.
Both managed to upload the Firmware to their Pixhawks - but they are not able to do the radio calibration (the Pixhawk doesn't "see" the receivers, the bars in the calibration are all grey).

They have nothing else connected to the Pixhawk, except receiver (connected to the right port / RC), buzzer, safety switch and USB cable.

The Pixhawk signals via the big LED "pre-arm check failed" (which makes sense ;)

They power the Pixhawk via USB and at the same time with a LiPo (via the Power Module).

The receiver is "found" by the remote, the LEDs are on, the setting of receiver and remote (regarding the use of the SBUS) seems to be right. They use the right port of the receiver to connect to the Pixhawk.

I am happy about any suggestions ...

Thanks a lot in advance

Felix

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

Hi Jerome,
      What firmware version are you using? The reason I ask is that I only got mine working in the beta testing version but experienced too many control issues. I now use a ppm encoder and the stable firmware, everything works great. The receiver should be connected to the rc port not the sbus port (this is covered in the setup guide).
      How are you powering your servo rail?, from the picture it looks unpowered. I stand to be corrected but I believe servos won't work otherwise ( I fly without servos)
      Best of luck.
        The setup guide confirms that the servo rail is not powered by the pixhawk as it is unsafe, you will need to connect a separate bec supply. This should fix your problems.
        • Hi Martin,

thanks for the reply,it helps me a lot..from the pics my servo wont work But when i add another supply to the output port it runs..the ports are now working from 1-4 But the port#5 not working..i cant set my flight modes :(  Btw i will use only 3 main port since i use only 2 servos and 1 throttle(X-8 skywalker)..any more ideas why i dont have port 5 output?on my radio

calibration it works but when i check on a failsafe tab NO GREEN output.

3702764555?profile=original

3702764604?profile=original

• i finally get it work :)  The default radio out for flight mode is radio out 8,,i change it to 5 and it works fine..now i have flight modes set...

And Thanks very much Martin you help me solved my 6 month old problem :) :)3702826766?profile=original

Hi Jerome,

Glad to hear it mate, strange your default was set to 8 as 5 is the usual! Great news that you are now ready for the air, hope all goes well. A pleasure to be able to help, best of luck :-)
              • tnx Martin,im gonna update what would be the flight performance this weekends :) :)

• I try to use a FrSky X8R in mode 4 on s.bus, but whatever way I try (and correctly connect to RC) it does not talk to the Pixhawk. If I use the Frsky S.bus to PPM it works fine (which at least proves that the X8R has good s.bus signal, and that the cable is connect right to the pixhawk). I definitely do not understand why direct s.bus does not work with this receiver (I also swapped receivers, and re-installed firmware to the pixhawk). Getting desperate...

• Developer

Have you connected the S.BUS out to the RC IN port of Pixhawk? This is (despite the suboptimal labelling) where it belongs. The port next to it is S.BUS out.

• ...as mentioned in my problem, yes I used RC (not SB). The FrsKy S.bus to PPM converter works, a sign that there is a a good s.bus signal. is there anything to set in the Pixhawk to accept s.bus or should the switch (or interpretation) of s.bus and ppm be automatic. what I do not understand is that the converted signal (s.bus 2 ppm) works, but pure s.bus is unrecognized (even when swapping the receivers...)

• R7008 cause freeze on Copter code 3.2-rc2 and latest master too.

Be careful when fly Pixhawk 3.2 in SBUS mode.

This reply was deleted.

Activity