Replies

• Apparently I need to stay away from the "enter" button as it submits the message you are just starting to type...

I am looking at building my third aircraft, and will be moving from FPV into UAS.  I have a Feiyu FY31AP arriving tomorrow, and for starters will put it into my existing airframe, a brushless Sky Surfer (aka Bixler).  For going to a true UAS that will be able to fly past LOS and such, there really is no aircraft that feels more "right" than the Reaper UAV from NitroPlanes, but I have yet to read any reviews that suggest this aircraft is GOOD for UAS flight, given its "too scale" of wings which are skinny and give very little lift, resulting in an aircraft that has to be flown very fast and still has nasty stall characteristics.

Here's my plan, though.  What are the iconic parts of the aircraft?  The fuselage, nose, and tail.  The wings are the least important part.  Yet they are the biggest fault of this kit, being "too scale" and therefore poor performance.  My plan is to buy a set of EPP wings with an airfoil such as found on a Telemaster, and put these on instead, with carbon fiber spars to reinforce, so that the airplane will look almost the same from the ground, yet now it will have much better lift, will be able to fly slower and more stable, etc.

What do you guys think?

This reply was deleted.

Activity