Quad copter not lifting

My quad copter won't fly. I built my first quad and I have problem it won't lift off the ground.It is made up of the following.Q450 frameLippo 2200 batteryKk2 boardFurniture 30a plush wax1200kv motorsCarbon fibre props 14/7 sizeI haven't done any fine tuning on kk2. I've checked motor rotation. It spins everything just doesn't seem to lift. I don't think it's wieght. I'm thinking incorrect props.If anyone has some suggestions. Much appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ok found what I did wrong. I thought I had the props on correct. In fact I had the opposite. It flys well. Thanks everyone.
  • Hi, Rod,

I agree with Scott that the motors would appear to be too high KV for the size of the props.

Also, it may sound too simplistic and you say you checked motor rotation, but double check that you have the props spinning the correct direction and have the airfoils set in the correct orientation.  Generally (but it really depends on the props) you want any lettering on the prop pointing up and the curve of the blade with the concave side down.

The first time I powered up my first self-assembled multi-copter I had all the props spinning the wrong direction so they were actually pushing the copter down.  

• thanks for the help. I'll see how it goes with smaller props. cheers

• A good site to get some good numbers it here:

http://www.ecalc.ch/

• 14 inch props seem large for this setup, esp with 1200kv motors.
    Usually a 450 would have motors around 800-900kv and 10" props. If you are keeping those hi
    Rpm, low torque motors, get smaller props (8 or 9"?)
  • Esc
  • Turnigy 30a EEC I mean
This reply was deleted.

Activity