Quanum Nova new release flight processor.

just received a QNOVA from Hobby King and proceeded to tear in down to get to the flight processor for connecting telemetry and or FPV. I have seen many posts about how to solider the connections for the 3DR type telemetry but when I opened my quad up I found connectors installed instead of the solider pads. uART and ADC are obviously the connections but I can't find any discussion about the pin outs or any reference to this type of new board. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. See attached photos.

image.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here are pics of the set used and how the plug had to be wired to work.

3702556637?profile=original3702556530?profile=original3702556656?profile=original

• Have you tried this telemetry and the Mini osd at the same time? 

• No that has not been tried, no plans to install mini osd at this time.

• I am looking for the same information.

I found the that 3DR OSD cable fits the uART port but the wires are wrong. I have moved the wires around and using a voltmeter i was able to figure out power and ground, but i don't know how to tell the difference between the RX and TX.

If anyone can help that would be great, im trying to get MinimOSD or a 3DR Bluetooth module working for flight data. I have both.

I can get the bluetooth to connect to my phone in the DroidPlanner app but it wont load any settings or flight data.

• 3702544215?profile=original

• What is the ADC port for ? Could you upload more pics of the components to see if it has something else different than mine? 

• Power Current Module

Power Current Module connects to the ADC port.

Used to detect the battery voltage and the battery current, flight control board

• The quanum nova has a low battery alarm , so why do i need the power module, it is only needed if I want to have battery V using an  OSD ? Can i modify any quantum nova parameters to activate RTH in case of a low battery event without the power module ?

• The low battery alarm on the Nova is practically useless.  Your battery will be almost completely depleted by the time it alarms, if it alarms at all.  You can use the parameters in Mission Planner to "enable" the RTH but the board will not recognize the setting without the use of the power module

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…