hi guys im looking for advice 

I have recently just finished my sky hero build and now have begun mounting my gimbal and camera equipment i have an idea that i need help with i want to be able to control my Sony A5000 camera from the ground ,after a look around the web i found the RM-VPR1 , which is a cheep wired remote that works with almost every sony camera , what i need help with is taking this remote and modding it to work with my ezuhf rc control system , i have heaps of channels free ultimately i want to  have full control from the ground of zoom , shutter, video start and stop , how hard would this be to do? rc switches soldiered to the pads in the remote? or will it be a bit more complex than that? 

i dont mind buying this remote and tearing it apart but it would be good to get some advice from you guys RE if its possible , it would be a very handy device if someone could build one of these from scratch , or if someone already has i would love a link , thanks again

sony_rm_vpr1 + ezuhf.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I couldn't afford the a5000 and made a big mistake and got one of the only cameras Sony makes that doesn't support wired remotes so I'm stuck with a nex-5 , going to use ir trigger
  • Hi robincfey,

I have had good success with this remote shutter: http://vp-systems.eu/camremote.html

I think it does most of what you need. They just added support for the A5000 with this cable: Multiterminal cable

I am curious to hear any experiences with your A5000 as I am considering buying that camera as well:). How does it cope with vibrations and what lenses are you using?

Have a great day:)!

• You should use Stratosnappper 2 :)

• yea ive seen that one but it only gives me shutter control no zoom or video on/off 

• It has Video on/off, i use this myself.

For Zoom i use this: http://ecilop.com/shop/nex-zoom.phtml

• Looks nice and cheap for lenses without power zoom. Thanks for the link:)! What are your experiences with the OSS SteadyShot feature. Do you always disable it? Is it enough to disable it, or do you look for lenses without SteadyShot?

This reply was deleted.

Activity