Roll on lift off.

I have the quad sitting next to the computer, props off.

If I connect the battery and then the USB, then connect into the MegaPlanner.

Switch in flight mode.

If I arm the motors (low left) the green led stops blinking. Throttle up spins up the motors, but the artifical horizon rotates up to 45%.

If I reduce the spin, the AH gauge levels off. The faster I spin up the motors, the faster the AH rolls.

Any idea what to check for?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Same flip direction ?

If so, you either have a bad motor/speedcontroller/incorrect propellor mounting.

Or controller calibration. Change motors and controllers around.

• have you calibrated it?

level surface, hold disarm for 10 seconds -> done

• sorry i am not the expert but looking at your props one of them looks reversed, can you check as i can not see it very clearly.

Hey Julie, can you perform the same test as in your original post (connected to MP) and spin up the motors, sans props? Get the horizon to tilt, as you mention, and with the motors running grab each arm one at a time. Make note of how the horizon reacts as you "dampen" each arm. Curious as to its reaction...Thanks!

• AARRGGHH.

5 new ESCs in the mail. They disappeared into the void after leaving Massachusetts....

That confirms NYS is a black hole.....

I have the quad stripped and ready on my kitchen table waiting for these parts...

• Ok. Now I am confused.

I have the APM 1.4 system set up in the X form. In one config wiki it says the APM is to face prop #3 and another facing between 1 and 3...

So what is it supposed to be?

• Developer

NOTE! Do not mix ESCs!!

Always keep same ESCs from same manufacturer. If you have 1-2 different ESCs, there are no guarantees that they will work. I would even say that there are 90% guarantee that it will not work properly.

All manufacturers have their own electronics and especially their own software running on ESCs. So even if you all your ESCs are rated as 20Amp but they are from different manufacturers, they all output different power vs. strength of PWM signal.

So again.. Do NOT MIX ESCs. If you plan/need to change to another ESC, you need to change them all.

Even smallest difference between ESCs will make multicopter unstable.

• Same with me, always roll on left while take off, but this morning i had a new test. Throtlle it slowly, still roll on left, throttle down and i repeat, still roll, throttle down and with holding its dome cover i raise throttle very slowly, while the copter near take off i feel its still roll on left, throttle down and repeat the procedure but now its normal and not rolling again.

After that i try to take off the copter, its raise very smooooooth. Surely this case make me confuse and dont know the reason why my quadcopter had roll problem on take off and solving the problem by it self. By the way, all hardware is normal. Any idea?...

• I soldered the 3 points.

I recalibrated the ESCs.

I balanced the props.

I balanced the quad (found a use for pennies BTW).

I lost an ESC a while back and replaced it. Unfortuneatly, with a different brand. Could that be part of the problem?

• Had the same thing and posted here about it. It was due to the high frequency vibrations generated by the motors when the props are off. Apparently you can balance the motors as well as the props by using small cable ties. I just ended up soldering the three pads on the IMU and that fixed it.
This reply was deleted.

Activity