Samsung NX Mini

I want to upgrade the camera on a 3DR X8. I have been doing research, and I really like the Samsung NX Mini camera. Has anyone mounted this type of camera? If so, was the gimbal made or purchased? I want to use a camera that has removable lenses and light in weight. Any recommendations are appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have the Sony A6000 but the Samsung NX500 is looking great at this time as well.

• Better use Canon camera instead of Samsung.

• Hi Guys,

This company (http://www.aeromapix.com/) was using a Samsung NX mini in one of their vids. I emailed them asking about the camera. I got good and bad feed back.

"Hi Marc,

We have been using this camera as a test. The Picture quality of the unit is very good, (it will be much better than your Canon SX260) However the camera is NOT usable because of it having a rolling shutter. This means that the pixels actually move while the picture is taken.

All this is due to vibration of the flying platform."

Since you guys will be using a gimbal im sure results will be better. They trigger the camera via cable from the pixhawk to the camera USB port if im not mistaken.

Hope this helps in some way?

This domain has been registered for a client
    • Thank you very much for the information Marc.

I'll try to contact them to get the information of how to do photo shoots with a Mini NX connected to PixHawk4 because as I have seen on their website, use this same camera and a copter X8 3DRobotics, riding the PixHawk4 autopilot.

Again, thank you very much for the information.

I will keep you informed.

Greetings.

Raul Otero.

• Hello everyone.

I managed to talk to people AeroMapix and they have told me that the NX Mini tested it in any of your flights, obtaining unsatisfactory results because having small vibrations in the plane, the resulting images were jello effect.

Furthermore, the size of the sensor Mini NX is half that of the NX1000.

Therefore, I opted for purchasing a NX1000 instead of the NX Mini. I think it would be wise to buy the NX2000, but the major complication when making the cable to remotely fire it made me decide on the NX1000.

I would like to know your opinions.

Hope you helps.

Greetings.

• Hello Raul.

How is the NX1000 is about jello/vibratons?

Thank you.

• NX500 is also a good option or maybe even the NX300

• Hi Ben.

I am in the same situation as you. The camera I consider suitable for surveying work with the X8 is the NX Mini, due to its high performance and low weight. The gimbal that I bought is this http://www.asturmodel.es/p-169/Multirotores-y-Accesorios/Accesorios... Still I'm trying but so far it works great.

My problem is that I need to somehow connect the NX Mini to PixHawk4 to get the camera takes a photo when you are flying precisely for each mission waypoints you've previously uploaded.

Did you manage to make some progress on this issue?

Thank you.

This reply was deleted.

Activity