Share your drone info thread

Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread to share your drone/copter information. I believe, this would help immensely for newbies like me during the initial build. For example, the Chris's blog on cheap Hobby King quad configuration is really a good resource.  

I don't want to burden anyone who is willing to share their info. Hence all fields are optional. Atleast the first 5 fields are ideal. Please find the list of fields to copy/paste at the end, so you can start filling :-). 

Here goes information about my quad.

frame: Quadcopter (3DRobotics)
controller/autopilot: APM1
esc: 20A (3DRobotics)
motors: 850Kv (3DRobotics)
propellers: 10x47, APC (3DRobotics)
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:  4S 3300mAh (Turnigy nano-tech)
total weight: -- lbs
flying time: 15 minutes (average)

radio: Turnigy 9X 
video/osd: none
other: Sonar, Xbee, GPS/Mag, Attopilot current sensor

Misc: 

Turnigy 9X: Mode1 -> Mode2 change, Li-ion battery hack
photos:

3690911422?profile=original 

3690911286?profile=original

3690911495?profile=original

-------------

frame:
controller/autopilot:
esc:
motors:
propellers:
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:
total weight: -- lbs
flying time:

radio:
video/osd:
other:

Misc (hacks/mods):

photos:

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The wing is classical "rc model" style. The foam core is cut with a hot wire and then covered with balsa. Very stable, but also a bit heavy.

• Yes I made several of those foam core wings. They are heavy but fast and cheap! I've covered mine with just construction paper with 3M 77 contact cement. It's incredible how that firms the foam right up! That fuselage  you made looks really hard to make. Nice!

• 3701795079?profile=original 

• Ardupilot APM 2.5
    • Hobby King 40A BESC
    • Tiger MN4012 Kv340 Motors
    • Maxamps 11000mAh LiPo Battery
    • AttoPilot Voltage and Current Sense Breakout
    • 3DR Telemetry
    • 3DR External Compass
    • Spektrum AR9010 9 Channel Rx
    • Immersion RC 5.8 Ghz Video Tx
    • GoPro Hero 3+ Black
    • DYS Brushless Gimbal
    • Spektrum AR610 6 Channel Rx

Weight 10lb

28.4" prop center to prop center

40min endurance

My Quadcopter Page

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3701795079?profile=original
  • Has anyone tried this vibration tester available from HobbyKing?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__46269__X_CAM_Vibration_T...

It may help to pinpoint the frequencies of vibration you need to address and speed the tuning process.  But the foam tape probably damps such a wide range of frequencies it doesn't really matter.

Right now my APM board is slung by rubber bands at all four corners over pins, and sitting on soft foam.  I'll see how that goes.

What's the word on putting foam tape under motors?

• I have found the free downloadable apps for my phone do as good if not better job.

• Which (iStore) seismograph app do you prefer?  Tough to find one that runs on iPod gen 4.  Apple abandoned this thing with iOS.

I see Seismometer 6th, from SkyPaw

Seismometer, from ObjectGraph LLC

Vibration Analysis, from some Russian dude

• I am using the iSeismometer from ObjectGraph on an ancient iPhone 3S and it performs well.

• Agree with you! Im a new bee too... here are my set up and settings...

Hello!Since I'm new at building quads, I thought this info might come handy to others like me that own either a FLIP FPV or a Flip 360 with a Pixhawk ot APM 2.6... I have 0 experience at PID settings and find it complicated to get my tuning right; however thanks to some guy int YouTube that was kind enough to share his FLP FPV PID settings I was able to at least get my quad up on the air and lock "Alt Hold" and do a "Autotune" :)

I understand that my settings might not work with other FLIP FPV or FLIP 360 because they would have to be an exact replica to act the same way, but these settings are better than trying to figure out something relativity unknown to guys like me with no experience whats so ever.

So this is why I would like to share my settings with others like me, so they can get a jump start and start having some fun... to me its been a learning experience... :)

By no means do I claim that my settings are 100% right but at least I'm able to fly my quads now...

FLIP 360

3691130565?profile=original3691130464?profile=original3691130551?profile=original

FLIP FPV

3701769919?profile=original3691130578?profile=original3691130658?profile=original

QAV 250 - With APM 2.6

3691130600?profile=original3691130650?profile=original3691130673?profile=original

Thanks to all the guys here at DIY Drones!! You guys have help me get through some of the major bumps I've encounter!! ;)

Javier

GuerrillaDrone.com

Guerrilla Drone - "The Frame Revolution"
    Guerrilla Drone™ - Website
  • this multicopter of firmware is apm?

• frame: Quadcopter "Big Body" (QuadLugs)
    controller/autopilot: ArduFlyer 2.5.2 915Mhz telemetry (RCTimer)
    esc: 45A (Turnigy)
    motors: 1100Kv (Turnigy)
    propellers: 11x4.7, (Turnigy)
    motor to motor distance: 24 inches (610mm)

battery:  4S 3000mAh 40C (Turnigy) & 4S 5000mah 40C (Zippy)
    total weight: 2.2kg
    flying time: ???

radio: Turnigy 9X
    video/osd: 1.2MHz, 1000mW trans. (LawMate) (no OSD)
    FPV cam: Astak CM-7500 ActionPro 3
    other: FatShark Base SD goggles

Misc: LEA-6H  GPS & compass

Turnigy 9X: Mode2

Most of it is from HobbyKing, except the flight controller -- went with RCTimer for that kit, and frame from QuadLugs of course.

Right now I'm in the "eternal wait" while the stuff crawls here from China on the back of an asthmatic tree sloth.  Hoping the motors & props will get the thing into the air!

I'm sure when it all arrives, I'll be playing connector bingo with all the plug-incompatible gear for a while, but my soldering skills and Weller station have never failed me.  I wanted carbon fiber props but was unwilling to eat the shipping pain from international warehouse on the 2nd order from HobbyKing -- I got what I could from US warehouse.  It'll do to start.

This reply was deleted.

Activity