SimonK ESC issues.

I have been trying for the last couple of days to get my ESCS that came preflashed with SimonK firware.

http://montorc.com/ztw-spider-series-30a-opto-multicopter-esc.aspx

I am using a ar8000 spektrum receiver module. I can not for the life of me get the 4th beep when trying to calibrate the throttle on the ESCs with this receiver. Maybe someone out there has a bit more experience with SimonK and spektrum receivers. Any help from the community is appreciated...

Regards,

Dan

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I need some guidance.
      Using AR 8000, SS V 700, Spider 30 amp ECS.
      Set throttle to max, plug power to esc....I get a few very faint beeps and no power up of receiver.
      I have plugged separate battery to receiver with test servo and everything works fine.
      I am at a loss to figure this out.
      Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      Ed
      • A light should appear inside the AR8000 when it has received power.  Light also should appear in the remote antenna that comes with it.  I believe the Spiders are OPTO so they do not provide power, so you will need an external power source when you calibrate these.  YOu probably already know all of this...  Other than this, the other thing I would be looking at is how the Spider's have been configured.  You may need to get a programing card to see how they are configured.  You are not gonna like this.. - I removed the Spiders and went with Hobbywing 30A Platinum ESC and could not be happier.  Goodluck.

• Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I did not know what OPTO meant until about 11:30 last night.

I finally figured it out.

Everything is good now.

This is why I am building my own rather than buying a RTF.

I have been in RC for 25 years, but this is my first Hex build.

Big learning curve.

Again Thanks,

Ed

• I'm testing (debugging...) a new Tarot 690 with the same ESC's and might be having problems too..?  When you say you are not hearing a 4th beep I only hear 3 beeps when I do a throttle calibration - two quick beeps - pause - then a long beep.  Am I supposed to hear a 4th beep?

I'm using the Naza V2 with AR8000 and when trying to lift-off there appears to be a problem with either the ESC's or the motors (SunnySky 3508).  The craft tries to flip over upon take-off.  I pulled the Naza out of an earlier 550 hex build so I know how smooth it should lift off.  I just re-soldered all the connections from motors to ESC (removing the bullet connectors) but have not tested yet due to big snow storm here in Colorado.  

Simon - do I need one of these to check the ECS's - http://www.altitudehobbies.com/ztw-brushless-esc-programming-card

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Hello! You mean with the stick high, it just makes three increasing beeps, and stops? The only explanation for that would be that either the pulse is never going longer than 1460µs (PROGRAM_RC_PULS), or that calibration is turned off in the source (RC_CALIBRATION=0). Do you have a servo tester or something else you could test with directly to rule out the tx?

I'm not sure which version they ended up using at ZTW, since I think they've been using a version that somebody sent them a while ago. You should be able to read off the binary with the Turnigy USB linker or Afro ESC USB linker, and/or replace it (typically bs_nfet.hex).

This reply was deleted.

Activity