Skywalker AP drone

I've been using my  Skywalker AP setup for the past 3 years and it's been working quite well.

My Skywalker is combination of a Hobby King fiberglass fuselage that uses the BEVRC wings and horizontal stabilizer. I use Powershot cameras that use Cannon Hacker Development Kit (CHDK).

3691269633?profile=original

3691269599?profile=originalThe camera is mounted on a stabilization cradle that's working very well
3691269735?profile=original3691269646?profile=originalLive AP video of each shot is displayed on one of my monitors along with live OSD  therefore each picture has GPS coordinates , Altitide ' direction etc recorded on my DVR to used for later mapping information

3691269750?profile=originalMy base station with 3 screens, The first screen displays FPV ( 1.3 Ghz) . The second screen displays

3G 433 Mhz telemetry data and Google earth view. The 3rd monitor is for displaying AP video (5.8 Ghz)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My first  attempt at using 3D photo mosaic to process my Aerial Photos that I shot with my Skywalker drone. I'm trying out a demo the Agisoft Photoscan software. The graphics resolution is low compared to what it could really could be. Just need a better computer with lots of RAM. Or I could just be patient and wait 5 hours to process the data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wa2S1dR5gs&feature=youtu.be

• I take it you aren't in the Great White North taking pictures right now.

Are you using full size computer monitors for your base station.

• I'm just using cheap LED TV monitors bought from Best Buy. The monitors run off of 12 volts.

• Here is my upgraded base station that is more compact and is completely powered  a 3 cell lipo battery

3702170058?profile=original

• Nice set-up, I am waiting for better weather so I can Maiden the Skywalker we recently built. What is a good estimate of acreage you can cover per day?

• a 10 minute flight  captures about 160 acres taking AP pictures at  around 350 ft above ground, with the Skywalker averaging around 40 mph.

This reply was deleted.

Activity