I Had the exact same problem as Ross had, being the 1/2 throttle on automodes but everything seemed working fine on the ground. I launched in stab mode and where Ross's pointed to the ground mine pointed straight up untill it stalled. I also couldn't take control back. Skywalker nose totally smashed I even got stone embedded in the airspeed sensor pipe.

I'm using the V2.30 release but I don't remember if I did the reset procedure from the CLI maybe I shouldhave. In the Planner configuration tab I applied http://ardupilot-mega.googlecode.com/files/SkyWalker062311.param but now thinking of it, it might be the file for the smaller Skywalker, Can anyone verify this?. I have the Skywalker V5 169

Heeelllpppp!!!

Steve

sky2.mpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey guys, This is the third attempt to fly and RC Plane in my life and I think it went great not to mention the perfect landing, but I'll let this clip to do the talking.CLIP!!!

• I am pretty sure they don't use the dip switches any more, its all done on the mission planner.

You should really learn to fly something simple first so at least you can fly mannually and just gain general RC experience. There is enough to go wrong with a plane. This is advanced RC stuff. Fly some thing slow and light in low wind and after a few charges you should at least have some basic flying skills. The APM is NOT a substitute for having RC pilot skills. You still need to land manually, and that's the hardest part to learn.

• I'd go with Chris's advice. In addition, the flying straight up thing may be due to a reversed DIP switch for the elevator. Happened to me once before, although I was able to get control back in manual mode.

• 3D Robotics

Again, please do not launch in stabilization mode until you've already tuned and tested your aircraft from a safe altitude in the air. You should be launching in manual mode until then.

This reply was deleted.

Activity