Spektrum DX6i Known Elevator issue

Hi Chaps

I recently asked for help for screwy behaviour of the APM board, but after some digging, it turns out that it was the Spektrum DX6i Transmitter which was causing all the issues.

I was getting erratic flights and crashes but when I moved to a DX7s, all my issues went away. I then noticed a complete failure of the DX6i Elevator Control Stick

Looking online, I found that this is a know issue. Spektrum are recalling and repairing the issue for those with the bad pots, but you need to take the controller to a Spektrum dealer for return.

There is a batch number on their website, but mine failed even though it wasnt listed.

Worth checking tho.

Cheers

Ewen

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good idea! I'll keep this in mind.

Matthew Bergin said:

I had the same problem with the throttle pot on my DX6i. I cleaned the pots on all of the sticks with a cleaner called Nu-Trol from CG chemicals. This cleaner also includes a lubricant to stop the the pots from getting dirty again. You can purchase this item at a local electronic supply. Best control cleaner out there.

• I had the same problem with the throttle pot on my DX6i. I cleaned the pots on all of the sticks with a cleaner called Nu-Trol from CG chemicals. This cleaner also includes a lubricant to stop the the pots from getting dirty again. You can purchase this item at a local electronic supply. Best control cleaner out there.

• I experienced the exact same problem last week.  Saw a simple fix for this problem in RCGroups. Over there, they suggested blowing, using their own lung power.  But since I had a spray can of compressed air handy, this is what I did.

Open the back of the transmitter by unscrewing the 6 screws. Locate the non-working potentiometer-gimbal. 

Get a spray can of compressed dry air.   Using the little red tube that comes with the air can, blow air directly into the area around the center of the right pot, while moving the right stick (elevator-aileron) from corner to corner to make sure all the dust or dirt gets blown out. 

While the transmitter is open, may as well blow the other pot. 

Worked like a charm. DX6i is back to normal. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity