Introducing the SPIRODASH multicopter frames, from http://spirodash.com

Through state of the art composite engineering, the super-light Spirodash F560 frames have been designed to eliminate any potential excess weight, resulting in improved aerial photography,  longer FPV flights and commercial applications.

anglewskids.jpg

Spirodash F560 frame is compatible with a broad variety of motors, adapters, arm extensions, landing gears and gimbals. Directly fits DJI E300, E305, E310 tuned propulsion systems, F450, F550 landing gear, and Zenmuse GoPro gimbals. The center plate can easily be drilled to mount retractable landing gear and various other parts for customization.

angle.jpg

The construction is similar to CF composite hockey sticks and snowboards. The frame is made out of high-tensile-strength, medium-modulus carbon fiber core composite. (sigificantly stronger and cleaner than high modulus CF fibers that are used in th RC indutry)  The core is constructed of layered, polymer-reinforced/saturated medium density wood

It has  the highest modulus/stiffness-to-weight ratio and highest strength/weight ratio in the 500-600mm multi-rotor class, which means that it is stiff, super light, but it can also flex at the same time.
framedome.jpeg

The canopy is made out of 3D matrix carbon fiber composite. High gloss with fiber imprinted decal that results in a perfectly smooth finish. It weighs 29g. It protects the flight electronics from wind, dust and moisture. It also serves as a shield from RF noise resulting in better downlink quality. The canopy comes pre-drilled for GPS antenna masts. It can also be custom drilled easily for A/V transmitter antenna, FPV camera or incoming battery cables.

weight.jpeg

Unparalleled to any other product on the market, the Spirodash F560 frame weighs only 274g!

fpvversion.jpeg

(FPV version shown here)

General FPV flight times:

24:31sec: 1815g takeoff weight (incl. canopy, FPV gear, OSD, 4S 6600mah 25c Lipo battery), 52% forward speed, auto-landing at 3.5V/cell.

30:14sec: 2098g takeoff weight (incl. canopy, FPV gear, OSD, 4S 10000mah 25c Lipo battery), 52% forward speed, auto-landing at 3.5V/cell.

52:14sec:  2347g takeoff weight (incl. canopy, FPV gear, OSD, 4S 20400mah Lithium Ion battery), 52% forward speed, manual landing at 2.6V/cell.

General AP flight times:
20:12sec: 2168g takeoff weight (incl. DJI E305 tuned propulsion system, canopy, retractable landing gear, FPV gear, OSD, GoPro camera, vertical gimbal extension, H3 3D Zenmuse gimbal, 4S 6600mah battery), auto-landing at 3.5V/cell

25:02sec: 2451g takeoff weight (incl. DJI E305 tuned propulsion system, canopy, retractable landing gear, FPV gear, OSD, GoPro camera, vertical gimbal extension, H3 3D Zenmuse gimbal, 4S 10000mah 25c battery), auto-landing at 3.5V/cell

Video/Media:

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• wow! probably the best looking hexa I have ever seen. Dors anyone know if this can take larger motors for a mirrorless?
    • Thanks for the comment! I would recommend T Motor MT 2216-12 800kv motors with 10 inch props. They come with adapters so should mount right on to the frame! The 420 light ESCs are perfectly good to power those tiger motors. That should do for something like a Sony Nex7.

• those mt 2216 12 800kv motors are awesome strong. thy would lift up a house. how do you like the E305 Spirodash f560 combo? did you fly a hexacopter before or this is your first one?

• I flew the F550 before this and the difference this frame makes is night and day in terms of stability, agility, and flight time. It does exactly what I wanted it to do; very predictable and precise. The F560 frame was designed for commercial aerial photography, so it is superb for that.

• how much more flight time are you getting using the same setup?

This reply was deleted.

Activity