start in fpv

Hello!
My name is Yakir
I fly a lot of years rc plane and heli
I'm a student and I need to do a project for school.
Project with software I want to build software that displays the flight data and video in real time from the computer.

I have a question about ardupilot apm 2.5
How do I get data from ardupilot apm 2.5 for PC?
I really want to get any data separately and display it in my software building at school Is this possible?
 I want to get the most important data for me, height and GPS, and of course the rest of the data as I should
Which programming language is written? is it can write in c #?
Do I have to use the Mission Planner software or only connect to the DLL?
What is the difference between ArduFlyer to apm 2.5?
Thank you

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you for the comments!

I read from the site of MAVLink
    Maybe someone can explain me in short how to work with this protocol
    I did not buy XBees I do not know what to buy what is better for me
    I watched this http://store.diydrones.com/3DR_RadioTelemetry_Kit_433Mhz_p/kt-telem...
    Is addition to apm I need osd?

• Soren,

I have never worked with video, but I have spent the last 6 months working with a MAVLink protocol ground station.  Do you use Xbees for your wireless communication?  If so you can write a simple c++ program to monitor the serial data received through the Xbee.  This will allow you to decipher the MAVLink messages sent from the APMs to get the important data.

• Hi,

APM uses the MAVLink protocol for telemetry. You can google for that, and find the QGroundControl pages where there is a detailed description.

There are MAVLink implementations in many different languages, best known are probably C and Python. You can make one in C# also. I also have one but it needs a little more testing.

APM can send all the data you mention with MAVLink.

ArduFlyer is a cheap(er) imitation of ArduPilotMega. Most people I have heard about who bought ArduFlyers have had problems with them.

Regards

Soren

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…