Strange apm 2.8!!!!

I recently bought a new apm 2.8 with neo 6m gps module and i configured using mission planner 1.3.39.1 build 1.1.6056.17827 and with version APM Copter v 3.3.3 quad. Did all the calibration and the quad fly's so stable in stabilize mode normally. NOW THE PROBLEM: I cant get a blue light on my neo 6m gps module, no satellites, nothing and also my apm 2.8 shows only a blinking red light not the alternate blinking red and blue but just only red and my mission planner shows gpsstatus 0

NOTE: I am testing it in my balcony on the 4th floor

And almost forgot to mention that when i detach my gps the mission planner shows GPS:No GPS and says PreArm need 3D Fix and nothing else BUT also arms and fly normally. I don't understand what's happening so help me out please!!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• But do i need to change the wiring of the port going to the gps or the one going to the apm

• sorry i now understand what "na" means :-)

Aryamann Sharma said:

on my gps there is only (from left to right) SCL/SDA/VCC/RX/TX/GND
    Craig said:

See my post above.

Aryamann Sharma said:

sorry the wifi went down

• on my gps there is only (from left to right) SCL/SDA/VCC/RX/TX/GND
    Craig said:

See my post above.

Aryamann Sharma said:

sorry the wifi went down

• See my post above.

Aryamann Sharma said:

sorry the wifi went down

• sorry the wifi went down 3702275998?profile=original

• no just unplug the GPS from the APM and take a picture of the APM without the GPS connected, but don't worry about that now as I already said in my last post that the wires are all messed up coming out of your GPS and gave you the proper order/colors to wire it up correctly :)

Aryamann Sharma said:

So I need to open the cover of the apm and then give you also notice the wires that go in the GPS in both the pictures the order of the wires is different
  • Going from the outside pin [the one closest to the outside of the board it is GND/NA/RX1/TX1/5v

looking from the bottom it silk screened this way 

looking down from the top with the GPS port near the bottom of the board so looking down at the board with the forward arrow facing right [the GPS port will be near the bottom on the right] Going from left to right it will be GND/NA/RX/TX/5v

Going from the APM to the GPS  the colors will be

APM               GPS

-----------------------------------

NEG               BLK/NEG

NA                 NA

RX                 BRN/TX

TX                 RED/RX

VCC              YEL/VCC

like I said the wires are all screwed up on that thing.

White and Blue are ok as they seem to go to the proper SDA/SCL on your I2c

Aryamann Sharma said:

These are from the "old" gps

v2.8-02.jpg

• The GPS port on the 2.8 and the 2.5.2 do not seemed to have changed,. the pic I need is the actual socket on the APM 2.8 with no wires connected. plug the wires back into your GPS and then take a pic of the empty socket on the apm 2.8 GPS port.

• So I need to open the cover of the apm and then give you also notice the wires that go in the GPS in both the pictures the order of the wires is different
  • These are from the "old" gps3702275972?profile=original3702275942?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity