Hi.

I am setting up a new instillation of the Arduplane and trying to configure failsafe short.

I have set up and observed the channel 3 behaviour in the failsafe screen.

I have ‘taught’ the RX that the throttle can go to about 980ms and when I turn the TX off the channel 3 display confirms this, however it goes into ‘circle’ for about 1 sec and then back to manual until the long failsafe kicks in then RTL.

The thing that seems really odd, if I use the trim to get the throttle below the trigger (I have set 1000) then all works OK but if the same throttle setting is achieved by switching off the above occurs.

I am using an Aurora9 and have tried the RX in both its available modes.

Just to confirm. The channel 3 output IS going below the trigger but Short failsafe only activates if I test this with throttle trim.

It is not just a incorrect report as there is no corrective servo action from the plane if moved.

Please help. I dont want to fly until its sorted.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Scott, I have all 6 modes set up on the TX so all modes are assigned. I dont think you can change the manual one from 1750+ (but you may be able to have another mode manual). Im not sure what you mean about the APM failing and switching to manual. Does it do that?

I have just been trying to get the TX/RX on the limit of reception (on the ground) and then replaying the tlog to see what PWM the channels (particularly Ch8) go to. Of course they SHOULD go to the set failsafe but there seems to be a grey area.
    Suggest you try the same. It seems switching off the TX is not quite the same as being on the range limit.
  • What are the short and long failsafe actions configured to in the parameters page of mp?

There was another post on someone having a similar issue only reverting to manual but they didnt have the intermittant 1500 while thinking.
  • Just configured a ‘work around’ and set a RX failsafe on channel 8 in the RTL PWM range. It works but I thought the condition of all other channels would be ignored if channel 3 dropped below the trigger (with throttle failsafe active)?

This reply was deleted.

Activity