Tarot T4-3D Gimbal using Pixhawk SBUS out? (or other options?)

I am somewhat new to this so bear with me. I have not seen if the Sbus out from the Pixhawk works now (confirmed?) for this or if we are limited to using (and mapping) the aux pin for tilt only. I have a Y cable to split the Sbus in to the Pixhawk but was curious if anyone could offer any insight or better advice on how to set this up. 

Thanks!

Views: 1626

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks James,

I will have a look at it! 

Have the same setup - Can't get the T4-3d to see sbus channels greater than CH9  

Does the pix just replicate the input sbus signal or is it more intelligent

Just looking for Docs now ....

I see that this is an old post but wondered if someone had found a solution to adding a Tarot T4-3D gimbal to a Pixhawk. Ideally I would like to be able to have control from mission scripts as well as manually from the TX. The gimbal can be configured to accept 2 channels of PWM or SBUS. SBUS would be preferable but I am not sure of I can use the SBUS out from the Pixhawk. I know that I can use the AUX outputs to have the Pixhawk control the tilt and pan but the SBUS would allow me to have a 3rd channel to change the mode to PAN or FPV.

I had a T4-3D gimbal connected to my pixhawk and was able to control either 2 or 3 axis (I can't remember if the Tarot configurator allowed me to control all axis). I ran sbus from my rc rx to pixhawk. I connected the sbus out port from pixhawk to the sbus in at the tarot gimbal controller. I was worried about compatibility, etc, but it worked just fine. Note that you need to configure sbus passthrough in Mission Planner and, as far as MP's concerned, there was no gimbal to control - pixhawk just acted as a sbus passthrough for certain channels from my receiver to tarot gimal controller. 

Thanks Will, I did get it to work after some trial and error.

I am using a FrSky X8R receiver and have its sbus out connected to the RCIN of the Pixhawk. The Sbus out of the Pixhawk is connected to the Sbus in of the Tarot T4-3D gimbal which is setup to use sbus channel 10 for tilt, 11 for FPV/Pan follow and 12 for pan. To have the same channels pass through from he receiver I had to set the parameter BRD_SBUS_OUT from 0 to 1, RC10_FUNCTION, RC11_FUNCTION and RC12_FUNCTION from 0 to 1. I also had to press the safety switch to get it to work. Now if I change RC10_FUNCTION to 7 it looks like tilt can be controlled from the mission scripts but I need to make some more tests.

Will Masters said:

I had a T4-3D gimbal connected to my pixhawk and was able to control either 2 or 3 axis (I can't remember if the Tarot configurator allowed me to control all axis). I ran sbus from my rc rx to pixhawk. I connected the sbus out port from pixhawk to the sbus in at the tarot gimbal controller. I was worried about compatibility, etc, but it worked just fine. Note that you need to configure sbus passthrough in Mission Planner and, as far as MP's concerned, there was no gimbal to control - pixhawk just acted as a sbus passthrough for certain channels from my receiver to tarot gimal controller. 

Hi Richard, did you get mission scripts work with FUNCTION to 7? Thanks, Chris

I haven't worked on this for awhile but as far as I recall it did work. Here are some notes that I made

BRD_SBUS_OUT:1
SERVO10_FUNCTION:7 (mount tilt)
SERVO12_FUNCTION:6 (mount pan)



chris said:

Hi Richard, did you get mission scripts work with FUNCTION to 7? Thanks, Chris

Attachments:

SERVO10_FUNCTION:7 

SERVO12_FUNCTION:6 

are these relavent to the SBUS out of the pixhawk to control the gimbal? I am using TL03 FLIR gimbal, I have done the pan and tilt through SBUS of RC RX and it worked but when i gave it a shot through pixhawk SBUS and set the BRD_SBUS_OUT:1, configured pan at channel-6 and tilt at channel-7 via ZYX flir software and and connected the pixhawk SBUS to SBUS IN of gimbal, i mapped my xbox joystick at channel 6 and channel 7, whenver i power up gimbal and try try to pan it initializes its position and then fells(disconnect its power) whenever gimbal receives a signal through channel 6 it initializes its position and becomes powerless this thing keeps on repeating itself.

Can you or anyone point out what is wrong with my setup or approach? 

Richard Joy said:

I haven't worked on this for awhile but as far as I recall it did work. Here are some notes that I made

BRD_SBUS_OUT:1
SERVO10_FUNCTION:7 (mount tilt)
SERVO12_FUNCTION:6 (mount pan)



chris said:

Hi Richard, did you get mission scripts work with FUNCTION to 7? Thanks, Chris

If I recall correctly the X in SERVOX_FUNCTION should match with the channel that you are have setup in the Tarot gimbal software. These parameters are set in the Camera Gimbal menu under Optional Hardware of the Initial Setup tab. In my configuration I had setup the gimbal software to use SBUS using channel 10 for tilt and 12 for pan. I also used the same channel numbers for the RC input. So on my TX I have a slider mapped to channel 10 and a pot mapped to channel 12. The RC input channels to use are also configured in the Camera Gimbal menu and set the MNT_RC_IN_TILT and MNT_RC_IN_PAN parameters to the channels used. In my case the are set to 10 for tilt and 12 for pan. This way I was able to first test the gimbal with it directly connected to the sbus out of the receiver and didn't have to change the channels when connecting to the Pixhawk.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service