TBS Discovery with Pixhawk - 2 minute flight time??

Hi Guys

So ive been playing around with building a quadcopter for a while now, mashing some parts together and seeing what works and reading through the blogs for ideas and help which has been very helpful to this point.

Finally managed to hit a brick wall - the machine flys, its very stable, but it crashes after 2 minutes of flight (the front right motor cuts out)

Ive done the usual swapping the motors and I think it might be an esc issue but don't want to fork out for a new set / esc if its something else unrelated

if anyone can take a quick peak at the logs I've attached and give me some pointers that would be awesome.

I've had a look following some other posts and I can't see the obvious error but I'm very new to looking a log files

any help appreciated

Build:

TBS Discovery frame

Sunnysky X3108 - 720kv

11" carbon props

Pixhawk

Mystery Esc 30a Simon K

4s 5000mah 50c bat

2015-12-11 09-15-36.tlog

2015-12-11 10-11-30.tlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I'm no expert at logs either, so someone else might verify this...

Just before things went bad, there was a big spike in ThrOut. With everything else staying the same, (controls, attitude, etc.) it looks like the controller is trying as hard as it can to keep the thing in the air. From reading past threads, this usually means motor or ESC going south. You shouldn't need a whole set... Just replace the bad one. Since they're only 8 or 9 bucks, maybe buy an extra one for next time.

• ok i see it now (on the graphs), i did swap the motors and same problem so looks like a faulty esc ... i'll order one now

thanks

• Please download a log file from the flight controller instead of a telemetry log. Not enough data to glean anything helpful from tlogs.

• Hi Brian Thanks for your reply attached is the files hopefully this shows the issue.

15-12-11_10-14-36.bin

15-12-11_09-21-02.bin

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702607835?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity