Throttle behavior in alt hold mode

Hi Guys,

i am the new one. I am 28 year old software developer from germany. 

I was flying my apm 2.5 for at least 1 year with only some small problems. Because of longer flight time, i've updated my setup from 1000kv 3s 5000mah to 4s 4500mah with sunnysky x3108 900kv.

Since then I have significant problems to adjust the pid values. As soon as i switch in AltHold to run Autotune the Copter jumps up and down very fast. I have spent at least 8 hours of tuning the pids and try to run autotune without real success. 

With 9" Props the quad flies okay but if i switch to my desired 10" props i get the described behavior in alt hold.

As Frame is an TBS Discovery (no pro) with stock dji arms.

here some pictures of my problems:

apm%20althold%20fail.png

Here you can see the "jumping" since i switch in althold.

I think the problem is my "throttle out", but i dont know why:

apm%20althold%20fail2.pngAs you can see, my Throttle out goes crazy since i switch to althold.

Here are my current PIDs, generated from autotune with 9" props:

pids4s.PNGNothing special i think?

Also i think, my barometer is fine:

apm%20althold%20fail3.png

So, i have no idea where the problem is.

My Quad weights almost 1,7kg, regarding to sunnysky it has 4,4kg lift capacity with full power and 10". I've also tried to change my Hover throttle (to 430) with has no effect. I am using the 3.2rc3 release.

Since I really dont know how to handle this problem, I'd be glad to get help from you.

Thank you very much,

Jacob

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• T3
    Did you check your vibrations? Altitude hold going up and down is usually a vibration issue. Did you balance your props?
    • Hi Richard,

as you can see, my vibrations look good until i switch into althold mode:

apm%20althold%20fail.png

• Hi Jacob,

they are fine! so I can´t help you. Good luck.

Regards,

Juan Antonio

• Hi Jacob,

I think you have the same problem that me http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/magfield-affecting-relalt  see my disscusion  . Can you show me your Realt from the log?

Juan Antonio

• Hi Juan,

i think my Realt is also fine?

apm%20altholdfail3.pngRegards,

Jacob

This reply was deleted.

Activity