tricopter on pixhawk?

I've tried QGroundControl, APMPlanner and Mission Planner. Some of them show category of frame type like X or + config, But no way to say what type of frame more specifically then that. Thats confusing. Mission Planner allows me to specifically click on the tricopter icon, but I'm not sure its uploading the tricopter firmware. Only channels 1 and 2 do anything. Can someone confirm that the pixhawk can to tri? Not the Y6. Tricopter using 3 motors with the back motor connected to a tilt servo? If it is supported, Is there any documentation on how to set it up? Motor order, servo output? There seems to be no way to know what frame type is currently loaded in firmware. Is there a way to see this?

It feels like If I were doing a quad it would just work. I'm not sure where I am going wrong.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the concept, but wouldn't a "fighting" condition constitute minor voltage spikes that a capacitor would be able to mitigate? I would think that as long as the voltages aren't additive, adding a capacitor would just be a good best practice with the added bonus of solving the issue outlined above.
    • You could also plug a UBEC into empty output pins. I have mine plugged into the pins in 8 with a capacitor in 6 to level out the voltage output. This will power your servo rail without having to modify your servo wires on your ESC/servo.

• I'm stuck on this part too. Nobody is responding to my  post either. I have a pixhawk on my tricopter. The servo is mounted and ready to go. I have no idea where to plug it in or how to set it up. Let me know if you you find out anything.

This reply was deleted.

Activity