Trying to build my first quadcopter

Hello all,

I am trying to build my first quadcopter using the APM 2.5 - ArduPilot Mega 2.5 Kit. I found a couple of carbon fiber based frames on e-bay as well as motors, props and ESCs and  I would like to know your opnion about the following parts:

Hobbywing 20A Skywalker Quattro 20Ax4 UBEC 4 in 1 20A Brushless ESC ge  (http://www.ebay.com/itm/261121248920)

4X N2830/2212 1000KV 270W 2-4S Brushless Motor Quad-Hexa copter Free soldering
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/130791393297)

ATG 600-X4-16 16mm arm 14“ Prop Glass Folding Frame Quadcopter quad Multi-copter
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/140837920435)

- Are these electronic components any good? Would they work with the APM 2.5 or should I stick to the "standard" electronics offered in the APM website?

- How about that frame? Does anyone have experience with that particular frame?

- How about the DJI F450 Frame? I heard that frame gets soft and becomes flexible after a little use. Does anybody have any experience here with that frame?

- Is it there a tutorial on how to put a quadcopter together that could explain how to calculate the motors, ESCs, and power requirements based on the size/weight of the quadcopter?

I thank you in forward for your help.

Eddie.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How to you connect the SkyWalker Quattro to the APM. I am having problem with what to connect to the receiver, meaning the Quattro has a lead that is connected to the throttle on the receiver. The APM needs a throttle input, how do you connect to that pin on the APM?

• Hi Eddie.. did u end up using the motors? What's your take on them? I.e. what configuration you have them juiced up.. 3s-4s? Are they stable and responsive enough  in quadcopter? What props are you using 9/4.5 10/4.5 -5??

Thanks a bunch!

Dasd.

• Hello have you put this frame in the air with that setup? I´m asking because i have one just like that and i could use some help to tunn this frame.

• Not sure about the motors since there's no brand information. I would probably pass on those. The ESC looks interesting how they have all four in one unit. I'd prefer having independent ESC personally because if one fails it can be replaced versus replacing all of them. The frame looks wobbly crap to me but not any worse than any other frame for $50. If you haven't yet I'd suggesting checking out HobbyKing to source parts. They have a pretty good selection ranging from cheap junk to fairly decent components.

There's lots of information in the wiki about configuring and assembling the copter which is where you'll find 90% of what you need to know (the forums are good for the other 10%). Here's an example page from the wiki that covers hooking the radio up to the APM. If you want to check the sanity of the build there's this handy calculator but the accuracy isn't absolute, just ballpark kind of figures.

This reply was deleted.

Activity