Tuning acro mode for fpv

Hello, i just received my first apm2 board and am trying to tune it to fly in acro mode for fpv. My problem is when i send the quad in any direction it will start to pitch back the other way shortly after i gave it the command. If i send it forward it will pitch back about 10 to 15 feet and not continue forward like it should. I have tuned the rate p gains in pitch and roll so it gives a nice crisp response without much bounce back, still get the same reactions. Also it does not want to fly straight, this might be because my quad is a little off balance from side to side but the for aft cg is perfect. Does it need to be perfectly balanced to fly in acro mode?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• stabilize mode is not how i am used to flying, i currently fly a naza on my other quad and i fly in manual ( acro ) mode, its alot more like flying my helis. Flying in stabilize mode is boring for fpv, i like to do loops and rolls and fly around kind crazy, maybe the apm2 is not really the right board for fvp, i just wanted to try out something besides naza that has rth gps.

• Developer
    To get go acro performance you must use rate_i terms for roll and pitch. Otherwise an imperfect CG or other factors will tip the quad.
    Jason

Why on earth would you want to tune it in Acro mode for FPV, Acro mode is ACROBATIC mode which doesn't use the accelerometers, just the gyro's so it'll easily rotate past 45 deg and is capable of doing a 360 deg flip.

Use only Stabilize mode!

This reply was deleted.

Activity