TV Show or Movie

Folks,

I am wondering if anyone remembers a TV show with the following details; I'm sure it was fairly newer, but short lived...I just can't recall.

Was a Car, Mustang or Camaro maybe other, it had a launch'd flying RC drone, that was used for remote surveillance AI and lasers.

It was Light Grey or Silver(x) with a side by side twin rotors, it would take off and reattach to the base Car on the fly. at the point behind the T top, just before the back glass that 10 to 12 inch strip.

I think this was similar to a special unit team, with high tech, and I'm pretty sure I'm not talking Knight Rider, , guessing in the past 5 to 7 yrs...

Thanks for anything you might recall...

Rick

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Found it, 

It was called;

Viper is an American action-adventure TV series about a special task force set up by the federal government to fight crime in the fictional city of Metro City, California that is perpetually under siege from one crime wave after another. The weapon used by this task force is an assault vehicle that masquerades as a Dodge Viper RT/10 roadster and coupe (later, the Viper GTS replaced the RT/10). The series takes place in "the near future". The primary brand of vehicles driven in the show were Chrysler or subsidiary companies.

Introduced in Season 1 - 1994
    1. 4WD Mode
    2. Hologram Projector (deployed from roof)
    3. Probe (deployed from rear hatch)

The "Probe" was an ingenius idea at the time (90's). From the science fiction ideas of that era now is standard equipment of the U.S. Army, designated today as a UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles)

1. Retractable battering rams
    2. Retractable twin weapons pods (deployed from just below each car door) each with a "Static Pulse" (EMP) emitter, missiles / rockets, and a harpoon / tow cable / grapple hook launcher
    3. Armor plating
    4. Steering wheel controls
    5. Rear grapple hook launcher

Not to shabby for a mid 90's TV Show Lets start calling them Probe's again...not...

http://youtu.be/9CSHemWPNn4

• In my search I came across this, funny how ideas happen so fast...

http://youtu.be/_NUbJ0fR3dc

This reply was deleted.

Activity