Ultrasonic sensor does not work properly

Hey guys,

my altitude hold was working very poorly, so I decided to read out my ultrasonic data. Up to height 100 (not sure about the units here) it works fine but then the signal starts to jump at random. I was wondering if this could be some kind of disturbance? Did you have similar problems?

The Ultrasonic sensor should be fine. Tested with three different ones - every time the same problem!

Georg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Solved it - not very neat but it works I think :)

The voltage seems to be the problem. I decided to test this and took a 4.5V Battery pack (3x1.5V) and used this to power the Sonar. Now the Value in QGC stops to jump (tested it up to an altitude value of 300 - more I can not test inside...). If you want to try too, connect all the ground-cables (battery, board and sonar) for this is the reference voltage. For the sonar voltage supply use only the battery-pack. The analog signal cable do not change it connects the sonar to the board. The voltage supply cable from the board I left open. Hopefully this will not damage the board - but I don't see how.

I will inform you when I tested this setup outdoor!

• Same problems. Subscribed.
    The ultrasonic sensor works between 20 or 30 cm min to 7-10m max range, depending on model.

Closer, and it just reports the min distance. Beyond that, and the APM uses the barometer.

Hope this helps.
This reply was deleted.

Activity