Unable to update firmware using the Mission Planner

Attempted to update firmware last night via the current version of the Mission Planner, but repeatedly received the following error:

"Failed to download new firmware: Exception of type ‘System.Exception’ was thrown"

Turned off the Windows 7 firewall and virus checker, resulting in the same error.

I am loading an APM and oil pan that was purchased around last Xmas time.  In March, I loaded firmware via  the Arduino IDE  to verify that the two boards worked (they did!).  Just received the 3DR frame and am now trying to load the current software. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• dear friends: I have installed on my PC (Windows 7) the  Mission Planner 1.3.16, and when I try to upgrade the firmware from my HK 32 autopilot (Pixhawk clone), with the last firmware available (3.2.0) from Ardu Plane, it fails and put the following error message: " Error uploading firmware" and " error, "The write timed out", what can I do?

• I had the same problem with Mission Planner a few times. I got around the problem by using APM Planner 2 to upload the firmware and switched to Mission Planner to continue with the rest. Only found that one problem with Mission Planner but works well for everything else.

• Help please...

I just recently purchased the Ardupilot Mega with Ublox Neo GPS...i am trying to load the ArduPlane to the board though Mission Planner...its goes all the way through to 99% and then it says "Failed verifying Block 952" I have tried doing this over and over with same result. Any help greatly appreciated.

• I am getting the following error when attempting to update my APM using the mission planner. Any suggestions please?

Untitled.jpg

• What version of Mission Planner do you use? Try to update to the latest one firstly.

btw, have you tried to upload via Arduino recently?

This reply was deleted.

Activity