Unable to upload firmware to PixHawk

I just recently got the pixhawk, i plugged it into the computer and the device drivers installed fine i then went to mission planner to try upload Arduplane to it. A dialog box appeared to unplug then replug it back in i did this and then says "Connecting" in the corner and after 10min it says "Error no response received from board". So now i followed the instuctions on this page and it still would not upload. I reinstalled the drivers for it with no luck and i even tried to upload the firmware with Mission Planner 2.0 still with no luck every time it gets as far as replugging in the pixhawk and then it stops. I have used to most recent driver files and it still will not work.

Thanks

Danny

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had the same problem with a recently purchased Pixhawk and this worked for me as well. (reset button)

Gary

• Hi,

I had similar problems. The solution was to go from a laptop to a PC with a stable 5V on the USB.

My LHS told me to use the LiPo with the power modul. When prompted to remove the USB cable, remove the LiPo first, then the USB, then click o.k. then connect USB, then connect LiPo.

• EDIT:   I tried a few times and everything works now... I would REALLY like to know why it only works some of time.

Any luck fixing this problem?   I was able to upload mine but only after upgrading a a BETA version of mission planner several weeks ago.   When I upgraded to version 1.3.1 I figured it was just the Beta going live WRONG! something changed and I couldn't upload again.  I heard that the Pixhawk could be sensitive to the Micro SD card type and after messing around for WAY more time than I would like to admit I bought a new sandisk Ultra level 10 Micro sdcard and I was able to load it up.  

I just flashed my TH-9X transmitter to use Open TX so I decided to re-do the calibration.   When it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to version 1.3.4 I knew it was a bad Idea but I figured I survived the last upgrade I would survive this one... WRONG.

I am back to no being able to connect to Pixhawk at all and the LED light on the Pixhawk never lights up at all.    I am not in a good mood tonight but I will experiment to try and figure our whats wrong

• Hi I was just now having the same problem with the error to upload the firmware to pixhawk. then I started trying everything. Finally I was able to upload it. You need to go to wizard and select plane or another, then you need to have usb connected to the pixhawk and also the telemetry connected both to the pixhawk and the PC. make sure you select 115200 on the link. You should be able to get it updated. Goodluck. 

• No i didn't use the speaker and button but i just tried it and it made no difference. I pressed it as well a few times with no difference.

Danny

• Admin

@Danny,

Is the SD card firmly seated in its slot on the Pixhawk?

Did you connect up the speaker and the arming switch before trying to program the Pixhawk?

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

This reply was deleted.

Activity