Using a power module without BEC daughterboard?

Hello guys,

I bought a Power module to have information about power consumption displayed on my OSD, 

Unfortunately I bought one without the BEC daughter board so instead of supplying the 5v out for my APM it gives me the LIPO out voltage. I haven't tried to plug the VCC and the GND to the APM, I don't want to burn it. 

The power port is made of 6 pins:

Inside of APM

-- GND

-- GND

-- V ?

-- I ?

-- VCC

-- VCC

Edge of the APMboard.

I guess the V and I pins are for the "information" and the GND and VCC to power the APM board, no?

So I've tried to plug only the two middle pins I and V but it won't work, Have someone succeed to use this kind of power module, I can power the APM with a separate BEC via the power port (on VCC and GND )maybe?

My power module:

3691097329?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3702932968?profile=original Your power port should be like that, 2 pins for the GND, the middle one are for the V and I signal and the 2 pins closest to the edge of the board is the VCC. just don't connect the VCC.

I you have a 5v BEC you can connect it to the APM via this port.

But be careful there are two pins for the VCC not 1, just test with a voltmeter before connecting it!

I hope it would help, I didn't get your question with the lead and analogue inputs, my english is poor. 

• That is also my dilemma, I don't trust the figures that are coming from the multi pin or the solder pads on the back. 

• I would also like to know how people are connecting the no BEC ebay type power modules?
    • Thank you!

I 'm happy to know that I can use that module! I'm gonna use this BEC: 

3702471826?profile=originalApparently it gives a clean 5V voltage...

Thanks for you help I gonna try that today!

• Its working!!!

Cheers!

This reply was deleted.

Activity