Replies

• That's how my F450 quad is setup at the moment. I'm planning on replacing my current FC (APM2.6) with the Pixhawk flight controller. What's your flight time at the moment? Thanks.

• I'm still doing short tuning flights still of 2 - 3 minutes.  I  did six flights yesterday with the same pack. I expect 20 minutes or more with a weight of 1400 Grams.

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

• My first drone was a Blade 350QX, I used it mainly for FPV. One thing, you have to realize though, this hobby is expensive. A good drone will cost more than $300 dollars easily, in addition, all the necessary FPV gear will also cost money. So all these setup could easily add up to $600 and or even thousands.

My 1st drone cost me $450 dollars, it was a BNF kit, that required a radio transmitter to fly it. The radio itself was around $350 dollars, then the FPV gear cost me around $500 dollars. (All this in Australian dollars).

As you can see, its not cheap. But if you shop around you can find a good deal. Hobbyking sells really cheap stuff, so it might be a good place for you, if you are tight on budget.

As for the F450 frame, I am currently using it on my drone, that I've built. Its very robust and has good space for putting electronics. But you will need to buy all the electronics and set it all up yourself.

If you're going to be building a drone, I would recommend the FrSky Teranis Radio. Any real FPV flyer will recommend so.. The radio is not that expensive and will cost a lot less than the most popular brands. Spektrum or Futaba and its open source by the way...

For the FPV gear, I would recommend the ImmersionRC or Lumenier brands respectively. I've used them in the past and have nothing to complain about.

• Francisco K its a very expensive hobby. I have the Iris+ from 3DR and it was around 700 and came with no gimbal or camera. So I spent an additional 150 on a gimbal that I couldn't even get to work with it. But I was telling him about this new drone I have called the hoverdrone360. For 499 I got the drone a case for it a gimbal 16mp action camera tracker and a watch to control it. Othwr than thw watch having a slight delay in the controls its an awesome drone. Has all the features of the expensive ones like follow me and return to launch ect. It also can fly in a circle with the push of button.
          • I have just checked their website and the hoverdrone360 looks quite a decent drone to be honest.

Are they American or Chinese made?

• Its an American company and I'm happy with mine.
              • Thanks for letting me know, I might buy one in the near future. 

• I agree with Richard you won't find a quality drone for 300. I got this new drone called the hoverdrone360 for 499 and it does just about every the high dollar ones will. Plus it came with a gimbal and camera. I got an Iris+ for around 600 and it didn't come with a gimbal or camera. Which both can be kinda pricey.
    • Thanks i'll search that one up. Might be another possibility

• You're welcome good luck!
This reply was deleted.

Activity