What Freekin Motors To Buy???

I have been looking for the past 8 hrs trying to find motors to upgrade the Tarot 680.

I can do 12" or 13" props but now what about the motor?

Im using AFRO 30a with SimonK (would rather not buy new ones if I dont have to)

Im flying a T2D gimbal with a gopro.

I have 2 5000mAh 4S batts and 1 5000mAh 3S  I could buy 1 more 4S if I have to.

I am also going to put quick release adapters so I stop loosing props and crashing.

I am torn between these motors:

SUNNYSKY X4108S 600KV

MultiStar 4225-610Kv 16Pole

Tarot 4006 620kv

If you have any other suggestions im open to hear them..

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I keep loosing props cause I have shitty motors that dont take self tightening adapters!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• http://imgur.com/a/NnNwI

• So I finally got the motors on now I have to install the FPV camera and bind and test.  Im excited.

As you can see in the pictures I have to do some trimming of the arms and the motor mounts to get the wire to sit free.  Without this the wire would not fit straight through I would have had to have it sticking out and I could not have that wire be exposed.

the 13" props have a lot of room between them when the cross paths.

IMG_20161003_214057.jpg

• Did my measurements of all the parts. Text me tonite...or drop it back during the day tomorrow and after my event around 6pm ill get back with you.
    Mike
  • cool.

• The 322 are the ones for the 650 quad. I was just looking at the build sheet for it last night. There's not much difference in arm length from the 332 using the small plate, and theb275 (?... Let me get home and confirm that size) with the clamp on type. If you are going to buy one type, get the nice metal one...you can just unscrew the motor without having to pull out the leads from the tubes and clamp it on, then reattach the motors. I will take some pix, and PM you somehow, or text the photos to you of the mounts. Hmmmm...I see a button right below this window "upload files". Maybe that's how I can ge the pix to you. Bottom line for prop spacing...the motor to adjacent motor center measurement must be at least 1/2" LONGER, than the props you want to use...sound easy? The only way around that is to run your hex as a "I" instead of a X. And then you can do a cool thing and invert 3 of the props (put the motors on the bottom of the arm)and use real short arms since the props will never hit. Back atcha tomorrow with photos

• Mike said:

You are confusing me. The 650 is not a hex, it's the quad. The hexacopter comes in 3 versions. The first is called the 680 sport, the second is the 680 pro, the third is the fy690. The difference between the sport and pro are the motor mounts. One style uses two small aluminum clamps to hold a carbon motor plate to the arm. The carbon tube should extend a litle less than a 1/8" past the outboard clamp. The other is a tubular mount that clamps onto the end. There are two varieties of this mount...one is rectangle, the other is an odd pyramid shape. The pyramid has little rubber pieces to reduce motor vibration going into the arm. There are also 3 different length carbon tubes used...about 275mm, 322mm, and 332mm.
    ok So then I have the 680 with the aluminum pieces holding CF plates.  want to get the plastic that slip on from the 680 pro cause it will extend the motors out enough to fit the 1355 props.
    What size tubes come on mine? (I have to measure)  Maybe I will need new tubes? I thougtht I could just get away with putting the new motor mounts.
  • You are confusing me. The 650 is not a hex, it's the quad. The hexacopter comes in 3 versions. The first is called the 680 sport, the second is the 680 pro, the third is the fy690. The difference between the sport and pro are the motor mounts. One style uses two small aluminum clamps to hold a carbon motor plate to the arm. The carbon tube should extend a litle less than a 1/8" past the outboard clamp. The other is a tubular mount that clamps onto the end. There are two varieties of this mount...one is rectangle, the other is an odd pyramid shape. The pyramid has little rubber pieces to reduce motor vibration going into the arm. There are also 3 different length carbon tubes used...about 275mm, 322mm, and 332mm.
  • Small but significant update.. I screwed up and said i have a 680 but turns out I have an Ironman 650 Hexa.  So that is why I have to upgrade to the 680pro motor mounts.

Man am I excited.

• Ok guys and gals I finally got around to ordering the sunny sky 700kv 1355 CF props.

I will run with 1 4s 5000.

I will have to buy the 680 motor mounts to extend just a tad so the props fit.

I will update when I have it all together.

• it didnt,  did you read my last post?  I still havent got any motors cause I got caught up with other projects.

Now I got a Trex600e and thinking about using a Pixhawk but im reading that it is not as stable as a MicroBeast .  Anyway thats a different topic. 

Im still interested in getting the motors and props for the hexa though.

I was just wondering if there has been any other motor company that has been proven better than the Sunnysky but still more affordable than the T-Motor.

This reply was deleted.

Activity