Wrong amps and battery percentage display in MP

Mission Planner shows me the correct voltage but 85 A and 0%.

3691033678?profile=original

Here are the settings for the battery monitor:

3691033624?profile=originalI'm using the original 3DR power module and measured 4.76V behind the fuse.

I'm using a separate SBEC on the output rail and removed the red cable from the throttle plug to the ESC.

JP1 is open.

I noticed the battery monitor screen seems to be buggy as the selected values sometimes show the wrong selection after returning from another screen.

Also my measured voltage of 4.76 gets overridden when I return to this screen.

Is this a bug in the current version (1.2.53) or am I missing something?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer
    The latest version of APM code calculate Vcc automatically on startup.

If the settings keep changing try reseting the eeprom and dataflash by doing 'setup' 'reset' then 'setup' 'erase' in Terminal

See http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduplane-parameters/#Battery_monit... for the relevant parameters. It's A12 for current and A13 for voltage sensing pins.
  • I seem to remember when setting up my AttoPilot sensor having a similar experience.

Saving the changes and making sure they are loaded into the APM seems to be the sticking point.

You could pull the parameters from your APM while connected via USB or pull them from the latest log file and look over the variables that apply to the V-I sensor.

I have a 2.5.x APM ordered and will go through this process soon enough.

-=Doug

• Using DroidPlanner I noticed the load percentage starts at 100% after an APM boot and then drops to 0% after 2 minutes while the voltage stays the same.

So obviously not a problem with MP.

What parameter need to be written to the APM2.5 for the original 3DR battery monitor? (voltage/current)

This reply was deleted.

Activity