X8 camera Gimbal for Canon SX 260 NDVI Camera....

Hi.  I've been reading through the comments related to this topic and have yet to find anyone that has found a compatible gimbal for the X8.  I hacked up a universal gimbal and it works ok, but not even close to what I need in terms of stability.  In case I missed it, does anyone have any good working solution?

As always, thanks for the help.

- David

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have a 2013 X8 RTF, and the DYS 3 axis gimbal mentioned here. Some questions:

1) what are you guys using for landing gear? The default landing legs are shorter than the gimbal

2) Do you even need a gimbal for stills? I mean, on a bright day, you're probably shooting around 1/1000 shutter speed
    3) What kind of flight times are you getting with the X8, DYS gimbal and a camera?

• Hi Jouni

We added the DYS 3 axis but removed two of the axis.  There's no where to plug in all 3 axis, or at least I haven't figured out how to connect it. It also added a lot of extra weight.  We plan on flying the modified gimbal this week. Stay tuned.

• Hello,
        What gimbal controller are you using ?
    • Hi Jouni.  Sorry for the late reply.  We bought the gimbal but haven't added it to the drone yet.  We are still using our old one.  We are looking at modifying the gimbal so we don't have lengthen the legs on the X8.  Yes, we do need a gimbal for stills and video given our weather conditions and the type of work we are doing (Ag).  We get about 8 minutes of total flight time per battery.  Hope that helps.  

• Be sure to read this thread regarding the problems with using Canon cameras that have optical image stabilization on a multirotor: http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/lets-talk-canon-cameras?id=705844...

I found the SD900 works better than the SX260, S95 or S100.

• I am working on a mapping specific multirotor gimbal and hope to have a finished prototype very soon.
    • Good luck.  Thanks.

• Hello,

DYS 3 axis aluminum gimbal will work for you 

http://brushlessgimbal.ca/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPat...

3702666675?profile=original

• Hi OG.  I really appreciate you posting the specs.  Have you used it on the X8 with a Canon, or do you believe based on specs that it will fit both the X8 and the Canon?

Just looking for clarity before we pull the trigger on this.  

Much appreciated,

David

• I,m working on the same config for NDVI work. I have a Canon S110 and i ll receive the DYS gimbal on the next few days (parcel coming from hobbygaga.com with DHL). Actually i work with a poor servo gimbal and it works. We could exchange experiences.

This reply was deleted.

Activity