XBEE Ardupilot Transmission Glitches

My XBEE only transmits for a second, then quits until I reconnect it.

I have an XBEE PRO attached to the XBEE Adapter, and then attached the 3 required pins to the Shield Version 1. I then have the 2nd XBEE attached via USB and it's terminal opened in X-CTU. My ArduPilot is running V2.4. and on my terminal reads:

++ASP:-277,THH:84,RLL:60,PCH:1,***
.+++ASP:-274,THH:84,RLL:60,PCH:1,***
.+++ASP:-279,THH:84,RLL:60,PCH:1,***
.!!!LAT:XXXXXX8,LON:-9XXXX12,SPD:1.22,CRT:0.60,ALT:11,ALH:46,CRS:292.90,BER:219,WPN:0,DST:11,BTV:0.00,RSP:-35,***
.+++ASP:-277,THH:84,RLL:60,PCH:1,***
.+++ASP:-278,THH:84,RLL:60,PCH:1,***
.!!!LAT:XXXX68,LON:-XXXXXX,SPD:1.01,CRT:0.44,ALT:10,ALH:46,CRS:287.50,BER:203,WPN:0,DST:9,BTV:0.00,RSP:-35,***
.+++ASP..bRRRj.+++AS.!!!L....

It appears to transmit some random periods and characters ("bRRRj") at the end for some reason... Also, if I disconnect it, and reconnect it while the Ardupilot is running it will send a few more packets of data.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

I think I have successfully had transmission using the "Range Test" in X-CTU, one connected via FTDI, and the other USB breakout.

Thanks,

Matt Evans

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So apparently I think it was a bad solder connection on my shield... I've fixed it! :)

I can't wait until my ArduIMU+ comes in, and more uBlox GPS's get in stock, and the Ardupilot Mega comes out :)
  • Yes, the plane side adapter is from Adafruit. It's also how I'm hooking it up to the FTDI cable..

I used two X-CTUs and had one send test data, and the others Console showed it, so they appear to be working.

I'm gonna mess around a little bit more this evening, if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Successful_Data.jpg

• Admin
    Matt,

If you had the Xbee connected to the Ardupilot when it powered up, it might have reprogrammed the Xbee making it malfunction. It was found that the Xbee had to be powered up after the Ardupilot to prevent random reprogramming making it inoperable. Like Maynard has said, checkout the plane side Xbee with your FTDI cable and X-CTU to make sure that it is still functional.

Just a thought.

Regards,
    TCIII
  • Is the plane side xbee adapter from Adafruit?
    Have you checked Ardupilot output with FTDI cable to computer?
This reply was deleted.

Activity