Y6 flips over immediately when trying to take off

I bought Y6A(OLD) RTF but without battery and radio. I calibrated my radio control and I have 3S 3000Mah battery . However when I try to take off the copter flips over immediately. I tested the radio using CLI . the props writing are all facing the sky. for top motors I used 10 inches props, two SFP(PUSHER) for the two blue legs and of SF prop for the black leg. for the bottom motors I used 11 inches props , two SF for the blue legs and SFP for the black leg. 

I cannot figure out the problem. The apm was calibrated however I calibrated it again and still have the same issue. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My friend had the same problem and this is what he had to say:
    It was related to the engine order. The turkeys at 3drobotics have 2 different versions of the y6 set up and firmware that have completely different engine order. Had the wrong one.
    • So if you're using mission planer with the latest firmware it recommends updating to (i.e. right now in my case its in the 3.1 branch), does the above link depicts the right motor ordering? because mine tilts on one side once I reach take-off speed and I do not wish to push the throttle further to find out it will flip, everything else checks out okay (i.e. my motor spins the order shown in the page 5 of the above manual, with the right props in place).

• If your using the Ya config the manual is correct, but if your using a Yb configuration then you have to change your motors around. 

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/connecting-your-rc-input-and-motors/

If I remember correctly the Ya config is grouped together with the X quads in mission planner and Yb stands by itself when your choosing the firmware, so it can be easy to overlook the Ya configuration button.

FYI...I just switched from Ya to Yb and it flys really good.

• Yeah I would recommend anyone still stuck in Y6A wiring to "update" to Y6B by reordering their motors accordingly.

I'm still to Y6A at the moment of writing this reply because I just want the damn thing to take off the ground without messing around writing (and destroying anything else around ;)) as stated in another thread, if someone lands here through a google search, in mission planner you have a FRAME attribute (advanced parameters).  Y6B will put it to "10".... if you have a Y6A, you need to change this to something else (in my case I used "0", but at the moment I am writing this, my right stick's foward and reverse are inverted, probably something in my transmitter that I need to reverse, everything else acts fine.

• It sounds like you have a prop or two on backwards.  Just because the writing is facing the sky doesn't mean that they are the right way-round.  You could also have an ESC that is telling a motor to spin the opposite direction than it should.  After I build up a copter I take a piece of masking tape and put it around the propeller shaft (no props attached) to act as a little flag and then give it some throttle after arming.  You can verify that each motor is spinning the right way visually or stick your finger in front of the tape and feel the spin on your finger.  Once I have that done, I know which way the propellers are supposed to be on.  You can also swap the wires on an ESC if you find one of them to spinning the wrong way.

If your propellers and motors are all on correctly, then it could be your gyros.  I had a board with bad gyros and it would cause the copter to flip as soon as it had enough throttle.

Hope this helps!

• I really dont know how to figure if the prop is on backwards. I just followed the unboxing guide which tells that all props must have the writing facing the sky. I tested the spinning direction using CLI test/motors and they are all correct.

This reply was deleted.

Activity