APM 2.5+ ailerons problem

Hello everyone! I am a rookie pilot. i ran into a problem and hope you guys can help. I have a bixler, with APM 2.5+ in it. I am using skyfly radio and receiver. everything seems to work fine initially but after few seconds the ailerons lock up and the motor stops working as well. I will really appreciate if you guys can help me solve this problem so I can finally start flying, 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 100KM

Did the Bixler fly ok with this radio tx/rx without the APM?

• Developer
    Please post a log from one of your flights. As far as setting up modes, there are some really great guides over at plane.ardupilot.com
  • Does it happen when you are at full throttle?  Bixlers can easily be under powered when you put more in them. 

Two things:
    1) Mod your Bixler with a bigger engine. Then you will spend less time at high draw.
    2) get the power adapter for the APM 2.5  Mine didn't come with, but this allows you to draw power straight from the battery before anything else does. This will prevent or reduce in-flight resets.

One other thing:
    Are you running with the air sensor? That was giving me problems.
    If you have an odd configuration,  then try stripping down to basics and adding one thing at a time back in.

That's what I got.
    Hope it helps.

• And how do i setup different flight modes??

by that I mean manual mode, stabilize mode, auto pilot mode ...

Any help is greatly appreciated

• 100KM

Does this happen in manual mode? Look to see if you don't have a failsafe kick in.

This reply was deleted.