fx61, apm 2.5 and futaba 8fgs configuration.

hi

i have an issue i am not sure how to solve. the problem is the pitch and roll reversed issue.

on the mission planner if i pitch or roll it shows correctly, but if i look on the plane it is reversed. anyone seen this problem before or know how to fix.

on my futaba 8fgs i have it setup in model type as

type airplane

wing normal - 1 ail

tail normal

i have tried playing with the "elevon config" on the mission planner but it doesn't help fix the problem.

i have also tried swopping the channels which makes it correct on the plane but on the apm mission planner its wrong. meaning if i pull the joystick left and right (roll) it does that correctly on the plane but on mission planner it displays the pitch as going up or down when i do the left and right.

any ideas on how to fix ?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ok i managed to solve this problem

by setting the ELEVON_OUTPUT to 4 under CONFIG/TUNING -> FULL PARAMTER LIST

http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduplane-setup/first-time-apm-setu...

• Hi Adam,

Do you have an external compass module? If so check it is enabled and the Compass setting is "Rotation_Roll_180" as the compass is mounted upside down under the GPS receiver.

If not check these kind of settings, go through the set up again, step by step!

Best of luck,

Keith,

• ok so i followed instruction step by step a few times but still the result is the same.

i have an internal compass in the apm 2.5

This reply was deleted.