Replies

• Admin

Hi All,

According to the Open Source requirements, I belive that HK is not allowed to advertise this clone as a true "ArduPilot Mega" which is a trademark of 3DR.

Regards,

TCIII Admin

• Why not, that product discussion thread in HK is interesting.

(I ordered one, I have expensive PX4 and APM1.0 and lost Legacy one)

I have bought things from 3dr and diydrones and China, usually ok, some headers missing (3dr) or something but mainly good.

I live in Finland and some reason Every item ordered from US is stuck in toll, need expensive postage, need tax (24%) paid,

but never china (HK/ebay etc) orders, (maybe long travel time in holiday season)

• I agree with Jay. Hobbyking are great for their cheap prices, and if you're flying around a park you can risk the occasional malfunctioning servo. I'm not sure I would fly a UAV out of sight trusting Hobbyking's quality control to bring it back? People often say to buy two of things from Hobbyking, that way you're pretty sure of getting one good one. If you're buying two, why not just buy one known good one from DIY Drones?

• A cheap chinese knock off improperly billed as the real thing... from hobbyking.  Color me shocked.  

I can't imagine why I would want to introduce yet another variable into building a drone, namely, component quality and the inability to get support from the designers (Even if they're feeling nice and do try to support it, there isn't really much they can do, not knowing how it was built, or which suppliers were used).  

Pass, thanks...

This reply was deleted.