Replies

• Well, HERE WE ARE YET ANOTHER YEAR LATER...

I would also very much like to get some reliable information about how to best configure a 3-channel model like the regular Radian with an FC running APM, for instance.

C'mon... Someone, somewhere must have at least tried it, hopefully survived the experience and now able to give us a little enlightment on the topic.

And even if you haven't tried it first-hand, you still may have considered suggestions or even second-hand information.

Thanks,

Martin

• HERE IT IS FOUR YEARS LATER...

Me? I'm in the same boat: 

I want/need to use my beloved APM 2.8's (I have several of them) in a Horizon Radian XL (2.6 m wingspan, 3 channel system), but each attempt/permutation has been unsuccessful...

QUESTIONS: 

Q1: HAS anyone been successful at configuring APM 2.8 (or any version) for a 3-channel (Throttle, Rudder, Elevator) fixed-wing aircraft? 

Q2: DOES anyone know of any OTHER autopilots which can be used on 3-channel fixed-wing planes? 

Hoping someone replies, 

-Mark in North Aurora

• I have a similar situation, except that I have ailerons, but no rudder. Any suggestions on how to make this work?  I'm only interested in getting autoleveling and stabilization.  My preferred mode of operations is fly by wire or stabilize. I do not intent to add a GPS.

• use like configuring a 4 channel plane. just do not connect the aileron. since your plane does not have aileron so it does not needs stabilization on roll axis. it would stabilize only on pitch axis using elevator. second option is you can add ailerons to the aircraft. it is not so difficult to add ailerons.

• Hi Frederik,

Someone else correct me if i'm wrong, but You'll need ailerons for full stabilisation in roll. Pitch stabilisation will be achievable, however using the rudder to stabilise roll and yaw is going to be difficult.

if its a gas plane it's best to have ailerons, is there any reason you can't fit them yourself, a couple of servos and some hinge tap... Voila.
This reply was deleted.