Problem configuring throttle failsafe

I have begun setting up apm2.5, I have loaded ardupilot 2.74b.

Transmitter is 9xr with dragon link. I have calibrated receiver, been thru bind process . Set elimits to on, set channel 3 (throttle) to -125% , calbrated radio and it show pwm of 910 on chan 3 . Set failsafe in rec.  Set elimts to off and throttle limit to -100%. Mission planner shows pwm of 980 at idle. Enabled throttle failsafe.

In testing failsafe I increase throttle to mid point 1200pwm give or take, when I switch the transmitter off all channels return to the failsafe position but the throttle stays at the PWM it was at when the transmitter was switched off , does not enter circle or rtl mode.    When I adlust the pwm under 950 by changing elimits in transmitter the HUD does change to circle mode for 2 seconds then RTL when I pull the throttle stick well below idle , just not when the rec enters failsafe.

I am using the same radio, transmitter and an identical reciever with APM and arducopter and I have had no problem setting up ch3 throttle failsafe

In testing the receiver with it attached directly to a motor/esc it does indeed drop to well under 950 pwm , just not in mission planner when attached to APM. I have searched here and read thru the instructions to no end. I am sure its a simple setting I have over looked.  How do I proceed.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had the same problem with APM 2.5 and the stock 9X receiver, except all channels were freezing, not just one. I found that the fix was to upgrade the firmware on the PPM encoder (built into the APM).
  • I have verified again that when the transmitter is shut off my throttle output channel 3 is dropping to 910 but the apm is holding throttle at the level its at on signal loss and centering the other channels

• ArduPlane:FS_SHORT_ACTN  and  ArduPlane:FS_LONG_ACTN are both set to 1

This reply was deleted.