I did a royal screw up and inadvertantly touched my battery connector plug together in reverse polarity. Smoke came out of the power module. After cooling, I tried to connect properly and got my usual "beep, bee, beep" tone from the esc's and then got a continuing BEEP beep. I don't know what I "cooked", but then I couldn't arm the apm and and later found that my computer no longer recognized it. I a not an electronics wizard, and got little help fom 3DR. Anyone got any ideas?
Here is what I have done so far, and the results.
- I installed another apm2.5 I had that I know works - my computer recognized it.
- I installed a new power module
- I reinstalled firmware (3.0.1)
- I calibrated my radio
- I attempted to recalibrate my esc's - NOTE: I GOT TO POINT 6 IN "AUTO" CALIBRATION - "Do not unplug, move the throttle up a little to confirm all ESCs are armed and the motors are working in sync." AND ALL MOTORS WORKED.
- WHEN I UNPLUGGED AND RECONNECTED, I COULD NOT ARM THE APM. I got the continuing "BEEP beep".
- I inspected the power distribution board and could find no obvious signs of anything being "burned"
My conclusion so far is that the APM works, all of the esc's work, all of the motors work, the power module works, but I can't get to a point that the APM will arm.