Hi

i am new to APM and have assembled skywalker 1680 for FPV. I have APM 2.5 Board.

Now the plane release is at 3.1.1. However most changes are for Pix Hawk Board.

I just need a safe stable and mature release on APM. Dont need any advanced features. Can somebody please guide me to which firmware to use. Maybe 3.0.3??

Can somebody also guide me for parameters to be used with respect to the recommended firmware on skywalker. I initially intend to use Stabilize, RTH, FBWA modes. Once ok then i intend to move on to Waypoint flight. I have ublox GPS and Xbee telemetery.

I am not very experienced on flying. Have flown quads and AXN floater

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks 

Arif

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• For my Skywalker with 3s batteries and APM 2.0 and Lea gps is the last release

• Hi

Thanks Fred for useful info.

Cala can you please elaborate your post. I did not get it.

thanks

• I have a post in a spanish forum with a lot of photos but I uploaded with Image shack when it was free, now, if you don't paid they erase all the photos so I lost a lot of work in different forums GRRR!!! never more Imageshack it's a fraud, they didn't advertise this. I'm going to look for the most important photos and I post here.

• Hi Fred
    What do u recommend for first flights. Manual mode. Then stabilise and so on ?? Did u auto tune ??
    Have u any links for Ur build blogs or flight blogs. I just need tips for this sky walker APM build. Thanks
    • Hi Fred 

thanks for help. I understand that 4s has more power. Perhaps my higher KV motor may compensate for lower voltage 3s battery. That combination was recommended by builders for 3s. lets see.

I also have APM installed exactly as yours .

Have you chosen FPV antenna on cockpit on purpose? does it give good coverage here? i also have cloverleaf antenna and 200mw transmitter.yet to install it.

Nice LED lights on wing leading edge. Do they help in orientation in daylight?

How much throttle u need for take-off?

regards

The 3DR Aero is a Skywalker so the params won't be too far out. Remember they won't be exactly right as you don't know where they put the control rod ends.

• Hi Fred

Hope you are well.

can you please tell me where did u place CoG?? i am a beginner so is extra cautious. some say servo line some 30mm behind it. all confusing.

i have older skywalker v5 1680.

how much should be control throws?

would skywalker make easy turns with rudder only or aileron only??

thanks for help

arif

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hi Fred

thanks a lot, i hope u would be a great help.

i have seen my default values, these are way different in many parameters. i have 3.03. Have u loaded skywalker parameters from some configuration files??

can u please also send me some pics of servo horn levers. i want to make sure i am as close to yours in terms of throws.

I would be using 3s battery. I motor is 2814 and 1450 KV  on 9x6E prop

thanks

This reply was deleted.