Replies

• Developer

Do you have an details on what your observing?  Any logs to confirm your observations?  FYI I move my stick in any direction and my APM plane responds.

Thanks, Grant.

• The receiver is connected to APM via PPM signal input if that could help.

• Hi Grant, Thanks for getting back to my feedback. What I am observing is added delay in control of my RC flying wing in the case if APM is used. The added delay is also in manual mode.

I can compare it with my previous setup where was no autopilot or any flight controller, just direct connection from RC receiver into servos.

APM adds delay.

It is still flyable, but if I would fly fast it could be problem.

I like the fast response of the direct receiver to servos, with APM it is sluggish.

I observed such behavior previously with APM 2.5 in my MSComposit MaxiSwift and now I observe the same with Mini APM 2.6.2 in my custom built FliteTest Blunt Nose Versa.

Would prefer if it could be controlled faster as it was with direct receiver to servo connection.

PS: Is there a way to provide you some logs for such observation?

Regards,

Pavel

• Developer

You can still fly the plane so the delay can't be that huge.  How much delay are we talking here?  I'm particularly interested when your in manual mode on the APM as they should present almost no perceivable delay.

Thanks, Grant.

• The added delay is recognizable. Yes it is in manual mode. Yes it is perceivable. Would like to minimize it if possible. For fast flights it could be problem.

Thanks, Pavel

1. I also notice a latency in control surface movement with the APM, especially when the APM is doing some elevon/vtail mixing. I'm interested in any answers that may arise here.
    • Sammuel,

What kind of RC control do you have?

Do you use PPM input for APM (or PWM)?

This reply was deleted.