Radio Calibration not working [Solved]

Hi, i am working on arduboat using Traxxas Villain Autonomous R/C Racing Boat. The problem i am having is the calibration radio is not working and the green indicator are not moving at all.

here are the details of hardware i used :

APM2.6 

ArduPilot Mega 2.6 External Compass

APM Flight Controller Combo w/Ublox

NEO-6M GPS

Traxxas 2019 receiver3691222531?profile=original3691222367?profile=original3691222549?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, i would to ask your opinion if i am using Futaba 8J 2.4GHz S-FHSS 8-Channel Radio System is it, compatible with the ardupilot.

Thanks

• Harris, The Futaba receiver should work fine.

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

• Admin

Hi Harris,

Yes, I built a Traxxas Villain from scratch, no kit or RTR.

I did not use the Traxxas Transmitter or Receiver in my Villain.

I used a Spektrum DX7 transmitter and a Spektrum 6010 6 channel receiver.

I see that your Traxxas TQ transmitter is of the older FM style and will not have enough channels to set waypoint and the Manual, Learning, and Auto Modes.

I believe that your transmitter only has two channels for rudder and throttle.

The throttle output should go to the APM chnl 3 input and the rudder output should go to chnl 1 input.

It appears that the two outputs of the receiver are going to the APM outputs and not the inputs? Why do you have it connected that way?

Also, what are the two cables that are plugged into the APM inputs coming from? They do not look like they are from the receiver. 

You will need two more channels for waypoint learning and the different operating modes (Manual, Learning, Auto).

I suggest that you set aside the Traxxas Transmitter and Receiver and buy a good 7 or 8 channel transmitter and receiver to work with the APM so that you can learn waypoints and set the different operating modes.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• Thank you for your reply,

yes correct it only has two channel, means i have to change the receiver into APM input? I have a wrong schematic sketch then. I will try to change it. Did u have any suggestion for trasmitter and receiver model that are not to expensive as it in Malaysia it hard to get one..

This reply was deleted.