Radio Calibration not working [Solved]

Hi, i am working on arduboat using Traxxas Villain Autonomous R/C Racing Boat. The problem i am having is the calibration radio is not working and the green indicator are not moving at all.

here are the details of hardware i used :

APM2.6 

ArduPilot Mega 2.6 External Compass

APM Flight Controller Combo w/Ublox

NEO-6M GPS

Traxxas 2019 receiver3691222531?profile=original3691222367?profile=original3691222549?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Hi Harris.  I agree with Tom.  In your picture above it looks like you have the outputs and the inputs the wrong way around.  The output from the receiver should go to the input of your APM.  The the output of your APM to the servo's and ESCs.

Let us know how you go.

Thanks, Grant.

• Thank You Tom, Grant and David, you guys are help full.

I have problem where the motors and rudder are not moving. 

• Developer

Harris, in the second photo you posted above it clearly shows you have the cables plugged in incorrectly.  The cables from your receiver need to go to the input side of the APM.  Please redo the cables and post another photo so we can see you have it correct.

Thanks, Grant.

• Grant, i have corrected the cable for input and output. Now the Radio is calibrated. I have upload the photo that have been correct. The problem occur now is the motor and rudder are not moving after the way point is set up

Thank, Harris.

• Harris,  Your questions and problems are very vague and I can't help you and probably others can't either without more information.  Is all good in manual?  Have you tried Steering mode?  Are you using a GCS?  If so which one? Can you post your parameters?  There is a progression of testing that should start in manual mode and move toward waypoint navigation.  What I'm trying to say is we all need to know more if we are to help.  I'm no expert by any stretch but if you are more clear on your problems I can probably help.

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

• 3702791887?profile=original

• Harris,  Is the boat arming itself and how are you powering the servo rail for the outputs of the APM? 

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

• David, the boat are not arming itself.

Actually i did not quite understand how to powering the servo rails for outputs.

For APM, i am powering it with power bank.

• Harris,  Mine arms itself once it has a GPS lock.  I power my servo rail with a BEC set at 5.7 volts. Also the JP 1 jumper is not used.

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

• Admin

Hi Harris,

Did you follow these Wiki instructions Link to connect the receiver outputs to the APM2.6 inputs?

You might want to consider the Taranis transmitter Link which you can buy from Hobby King in Hong Kong.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

This reply was deleted.