I´m trying to use arducopter with my trex450 pro and dx6i with spektrum ar6100e receiver but i can´t control the rudder and there is a tail wag. My APM is 2.5 anda i can´t find any documents or videos teaching how to make this configuration. If someone know how to setup this or some link I can use to find instructions please help ! tks a lot

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

By the way, if you can't find answers to your discussion, you'll often find some heli people hanging out on this monster thread.

• Forget the external gyro, the internal is great now, unplug it then uncheck "external gyro" in setup.

Quick & easy :-)
  • I'm definitely going to need some more information before I can be any help. When you say 'can't control the rudder', do you mean the collective pitch of the tail rotor is not changing when you give it a yaw command? What flight mode are you in while doing this?
    When you are connected to the ground station looking Raw Sensor View ->Radio, do you see Radio 4 in move when you yaw on the transmitter? What does Radio 4 out look like when you're doing this?
    Under Configuration -> Heli setup, make sure the rudder trim is a reasonable value (mine is 1400).

Under Configuration -> Arducopter Config, make sure both stabilize yaw and rate yaw have non-zero Ps. Mine are 0.25 for rate and 4.00 for stabilize, to give you an idea for a starting point. (I'm on a T-rex 600e)
    If you take the helicopter and yaw it with the autopilot on, can you see and hear the tail servo moving?

Under fight data, look at the HUD. On top of the artificial horizon are a bunch of compass headings. If you move the transmitter yaw stick to the left, you should see a green bar to the left of your current heading. If you move the transmitter stick to the right, you should see the green bar move to the right of your current heading. Does this work correctly?

Can you describe the tail wag a little bit more?

• I forgot to say i´m not using a external gyro

This reply was deleted.