Replies

• Pick up the rear (or front) arm by the lower motor.

Pick it up so it start to 'hang' vertical.

The arm where the motor connects to, should be straight down, in line with gravity.

Set it down to move the battery left or right, to balance lateral.

Repeat with the other two arms, move the battery front or back, to balance longitudinal.

• I balanced my 750-Y6B Tri-trooper this way:

1. Put each lower motor (motor #2, 4, 6) on top of a rigid support. I used paint-spray cans for this purpose.

2. Measure weight underneath each lower motor, one arm at a time.  I used a 0-2000gm scale with 0.1gm resolution for this purpose.

3. Move components (battery, camera .. etc) around so that scale reading of each arm is as close as possible.

By doing this, CG of the drone is perfectly centered.

AUW is the sum of weight reading of all three arms.

3702398679?profile=original3702398700?profile=original

• The center of gravity should end up at the center of the three arms.  If you draw a straight line along the center of each arm, you can find the intersection of those three lines.  I took a silver paint pen and put a tiny dot at that point on the bottom plate.

With that done, you can quickly check your balance by putting your finger on the dot and lifting the copter.  If it balances on your finger, you are good.  If not, move something so it does.  

If you have a scale or three, you can get more precise.  The first caveat is that the vehicle has to be level, so it one leg is on top of a scale, the other two legs have to be at the same height.  Pads of post-it notes or coasters are great for this.  If the vehicle is sitting level, then one-third the weight of the drone should be resting on each foot.  So, measure the total weight, then measure the weight on the back leg.  If it is more than 1/3 the total, move the battery forward.  If it is less, move the battery rearward.  

Doing this right will help your motors last longer and you will get better performance out of the machine.  It is worth the few minutes it takes.  Don't just do something that looks right to you.  Happy Flying!

• I just have a smaller 3S battery. I love this these, just got to get it going. I will try out what you said. It does want to come off the ground, The top tail T motor stops. It might be the motors.

Thank you for the input.

• Just try to fix the battery near the center of mass or if you have aditional payloads try to balance the weight so neither the front or the back is heavier than the other parts.

Personally if i set up my Y6 without any aditional payloads I fix the battery all over the bottom plate, as shown in the fist image attached. But if I have a gimbal attached or something similar in the front I fix the battery across de bottom plate as shown in the second image to balance the weight across the frame.

The goal always should be to place the battery near the center of mass so the load on the motors is kept even. Also once you fix the battery position, you should tune the PID's to your liking or autotune and set up some Expo rates if you like. I remember the stock PIDs being to aggressive for pitch and roll.

vertical.jpg

horizontal.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702359031?profile=original
This reply was deleted.