Pre Arm Check Issue: Check FS_THR_value?

Hello Folks,

To continue my constant battle to get my Y6 going (which is literally becoming a living nightmare, that I'm beginning to regret purchasing more and more each day with all the constant problems).

So upon upgrading software I ran into many issues could not connect via telemetry anymore, finally got that going after re installing and calibrating both the Y6 and the mac. For the longest time i could not get it to accept my rc calibration as it did work just would not register thus reiterating that it was not calibrating when i intact was.

So after sometime spent I did managed to regain connection by chaging all my connection settings to duplicate as though i were connected via usb and it did faintly connect using usbserial 57600 baud.

Now after finally getting the rc to accept calibration, I keep getting a warning message saying Pre Arm Check: Check FR_THR_value? what is this and why would it cause it? And now the Y6 is constantly changing its mode at random while i type this message? It keeps repeating that its entered into land mode when i'm not touching a thing it even repeats quickly or sometimes will take a pause then just repeat the msg again.

Someone Please Help AS I'm ready to merely just toss thing stupid thing into the trash and not waste anymore time on this frustrating (and what seems useless) piece of equipment.

Thanks in advance for any and all the help!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• redjr said:

Hello,

I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to get my PixHawk to arm and I get the same message; Pre Arm Check: Check FR_THR_value.  I'm new to all of this and using a Taranis radio.  How do I set the failsafe throttle setting that PixHawk wants?  Do I do that in the radio or PixHawk.  This is truly becoming exasperating.  I'm finally getting SATs, but now the FS won't let me arm. Urgh.  I'm simply trying to test my motors!

redjr

Hi, i know how annoying this is as i had a drone i couldn't get working but then gave to friend and he fixed it very quickly. Anyway to solve the problem go here and find your error message and you should be able to fix it.

Good luck!

• Hello,

I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to get my PixHawk to arm and I get the same message; Pre Arm Check: Check FR_THR_value.  I'm new to all of this and using a Taranis radio.  How do I set the failsafe throttle setting that PixHawk wants?  Do I do that in the radio or PixHawk.  This is truly becoming exasperating.  I'm finally getting SATs, but now the FS won't let me arm. Urgh.  I'm simply trying to test my motors!

redjr

• try changing the value sof the PWM on throttle failsafe

my was 1080 and i had to reduce it to 1050 to prevent the annoying FS_THR_value alarm

• You do need to set your throttle failsafe value in order to make that functionality work, and presumably to bypass the arming prechecks.  If you want to do a webmeeting sometime let me know at experimentalairlines@gmail.com and I will see if I can help.

• Thanks @Ed, 

Currently it is refusing to run rc calibration, I now believe one of two things my pixhawk was a dud since purchase as i have never been able to get sbus working to my x8r what so ever and even require a ppm encoder which many people do not when connecting to a taranis or frisky XJT module which I'm currently using in my 9xr.

In the rc calibration window the throttle moving is really laggy and sometimes doesn't register at all but when i move the connector from the ppm encoder which is located on the pixhawk rc port is jumps around so it could be the pixhawk internal components were connect in a faulty manner result in this fidgety behaviour or its the wires enter the cable itself are lose thus cause this. By twisting the cable so the wires tighten it does seem to give it more consistency in function but still extremely laggy. 

And of course still refusing the accept any form of rc calibration. 

I could not get the rc to calibrate before but the ppm encoder did solve this but ever since upgrading firmware and having to reload everything from scratch its turned into one big mess again.

I original changed sd cards from the pixhawk (px4 autopilot sd card) to a lexar ultra high speed 16g card which help correct my telemetry connection issues in the start. 

So my other possibility i can conclude is its the cable end itself thats entering the rc port which the wires and lose thus requiring a new end.

In the north of ontario canada were i reside we maybe get three solid months of flying each year and as of now i've spent five months trying to get this thing even off the ground or to function in a somewhat functional manner. 

I know it sounds bad but I'd love to fly and not be a gunny pig to work out bugs.

Thanks Again.

• 3D Robotics

Have you loaded the default Y6 params?

• First I'd like to say sorry if it seems like I was being negative, I do in fact believe they are great and very well designed units so most definitely great work! and I will always admire such work, but as a biologist I"m most definitely out of my element when it comes to this stuff and even more so have the worst luck in history with all the digital (my research partners would definitely agree), and tend to get overwhelmed by it all sometimes.

But for params, pretty I did, completely erased the pixhawk sd card then re added the firmware via usb to pixhawk with the 2013 Y6 firmware ,reran all calibrations (compass,rc,frame type) with the exception of the accelerometer, it worked great before, but I did some more digging around and i notice the secondary failsafe setting is set to land, and this is the mode it keeps random switching to, could this be the cause of the FS_THR_value, and my throttle min value is in the 980 range (not the exact value but close) and the max thr value is 2005 (range). So could this large value range be whats triggering failsafe thus ultimately causing the pre arm check issue? And if so I wonder why now the values haas it changed were as before with the same set up minus the new apm planner this issue never happened?

Thanks @Chris for the help! Greatly Appreciated!

This reply was deleted.